+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa rejected devastated

Bafflingtulip

Jul 3, 2017
Don't give up. There are people in this forum who made it on fourth attempt. But it is prudent to keep other options open, just a fall back plan.
Thank you for your encouragement. Waiting for CAIP notes and maybe he will focus on express entry instead. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade kind of situation :D

Bafflingtulip

Jul 3, 2017
gap in education should not be a problem if it has been explained properly in the SOP. I have been rejected twice and I agree without CAIPS, it is very difficult to reapply. It is just waste of money. try caipsgcms.com. They have very good service.
Yup ordered them. No point of applying when you don't know where you went wrong especially with the vague reasons they give!

Abu_Sidiz

Star Member
Apr 3, 2017
Hi guys,

My boyfriend who is Pakistani and I am Indian have both separately applied for study permit to Canada.

My application is still under process but for him , he received the official refusal today within 7 days of application, very quick indeed! Reasons given are:

- Purpose of visit
- Upon overall review of application , previous academic and employment history and reasonableness of undertaking proposed studies in Canada I am not satisfied that you are a bonafide student and would depart Canada at the end of authorized stay

His profile:
- Completed schooling in Lahore Pakistan - O levels and A levels ( all A's and B's)
- Studied in UK for undergraduate course BSc in Economics x 3 years - grades high, he got a 2.1 according to UK grading, graduated 2012
- Studied one more year at Kaplan in UK for ACCA but left before course ended as he didn't want to do finance
- Started working in a company in Dubai for the past 3 years or so

He gave his current company letter, has more than enough money to cover the expense of course which is only 1 year. He has graduated from a top rate uni in UK and got accepted into University of Waterloo which again is a good uni into their masters program for business entrepreneurship and technology.

I know we have to order the caip notes etc I would like your opinion,where do you think the problem lies? Your feedback is much appreciated and required at this point.
As people mentioned above....education gap should not be a problem...Lot of people in this forum who have more than 10 years gap (Work experience) have succeed in Canada student visa..at the same time people who apply right after the bachelor degree with good grade 'getting rejected' by CIC...Some getting visa in 30 days and some getting after 55 days....Cant understand thz system.. Allah know the best. Even I'm waiting for my visa..Inshallah i'll get it soon. Finger crossed.

but I just want to ask one question with you..your BF applied under which category SPP or General ? Bcos people who have more than 5 year gap should apply under general category. Thiz is very mandatory.

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Hi friends seniors i need ur help urgently. my profile is mentioned below:
12th - 57% in 1999
BBA - 50% in 2003
MBA - 56% in 2006
IELTS - 6.5 (no less than 6)

My visa got rejected in November 2016 with reason: large study gap, low gpa, intention to study at this point of time not reasonable not a bonafied student, single n low ties to india.
I had admit in humber college or 2 year pgd in global business management.

My second visa application got rejected on 19th july 2017. I have admit from University of Northern british columbia in MBA. I made strong sop explaining the indian mba degree i have is a distance education course n want to do full time mba. Showed funds of 40k with loan (10lakhs). ITR od my dad my form 16. All experience letters m salary proof. Dads property evaluation report.
Wats ur suggestion shall i reapply for the same course n difder admission for jan intake? I saw some visa this intake with 51% n 6 ielts band n 6 years of experience. :(

ericusdab

Mar 24, 2017
Pls am writing from Nigeria, I apply for study permit on 14 of July 2017 for January intake but I forgot to submit my bsc certificate along with my application since Is not included in checklist for visa requirement.. But I fill all my educational aspect as required on the visa application form..pls kindly advice me on what to do if necessary
You should have add them, check the instructions from the internet how to send them additional documents. Did you do it online or paper?

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
Hi friends seniors i need ur help urgently. my profile is mentioned below:
12th - 57% in 1999
BBA - 50% in 2003
MBA - 56% in 2006
IELTS - 6.5 (no less than 6)

My visa got rejected in November 2016 with reason: large study gap, low gpa, intention to study at this point of time not reasonable not a bonafied student, single n low ties to india.
I had admit in humber college or 2 year pgd in global business management.

My second visa application got rejected on 19th july 2017. I have admit from University of Northern british columbia in MBA. I made strong sop explaining the indian mba degree i have is a distance education course n want to do full time mba. Showed funds of 40k with loan (10lakhs). ITR od my dad my form 16. All experience letters m salary proof. Dads property evaluation report.
Wats ur suggestion shall i reapply for the same course n difder admission for jan intake? I saw some visa this intake with 51% n 6 ielts band n 6 years of experience. :(
Why are you applying again if you dont know why they are rejecting you again and again.They may have rejected you for the same reason again. Apply for CAIPS (caipsgcms.com). Once you get the detailed reason, then work on your documentation and letter of explaination and apply for Jan intake.

Lmahida

Star Member
Jun 10, 2017
Why are you applying again if you dont know why they are rejecting you again and again.They may have rejected you for the same reason again. Apply for CAIPS (caipsgcms.com). Once you get the detailed reason, then work on your documentation and letter of explaination and apply for Jan intake.
I know the reason. The reason i mentioned is from caips

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Study gap will not be a problem if you have a good SOP. The gap being the problem is VERY misleading. The last time I studied was 1986 when I applied for my study visa (3 years ago), so gap will not be a problem.

dearbharat

Sep 23, 2018
that is what i said there are a very few like 1 in 1000 who gets visa for a study gap more than 2 years i have been a consultant since 8years and I know the aspects stop wasting time here and look for countries like australia or european region
I got student visa after a gap of 13 years. I already had PhD and I applied for masters program. I got the student visa approval in flat 14 days. Do not assume anything. I approached two consultants to help me apply but they declined. So I applied all by myself.

Bafflingtulip

Jul 3, 2017
Updating this thread, I took the leap and applied for PR and got it this year. Just finished my soft landing, woohoo! Wanted to come back and share that good news with all you lovely people.

PS I had wanted to do my masters but was sadly declined too from Canada so my mom pushed me to do PR instead

Reactions: wgaryv and russ6970