+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Hi,
I'm new on this.
My canadian TRV has been refused due to following grounds;

• I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
  • I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Course I applied in Canada is BBA in Project Management.

I'm married and I'm having 2.5 years old son.

About the point 2, I have done some short courses before taking up a 1 years Diploma in Business Management which was from 2017 to 2018.

About the point 3, I have submitted an asset (current house which we live) which is under my name.

Please help me how to justify the above point with much stronger explanation.

Thanks.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hi,
I'm new on this.
My canadian TRV has been refused due to following grounds;

• I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
  • Your planned studies do not appear reasonable when reviewing your past study and employment history.
  • I'm not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Course I applied in Canada is BBA in Project Management.

I'm married and I'm having 2.5 years old son.

About the point 2, I have done some short courses before taking up a 1 years Diploma in Business Management which was from 2017 to 2018.

About the point 3, I have submitted an asset (current house which we live) which is under my name.

Please help me how to justify the above point with much stronger explanation.

Thanks.
To help you out we need a full profile info. 10 & 12th std marks, all education qualifications and marks, work history if any.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Employment History

::Currently working as an Assistant Manager. 01/2018 to date.
::Worked as Trainee Manager. 06/2017 to 01/2018
::Worked as Nursery Teacher. 03/2016 to 06/2014
::Worked as Pre School teacher. 01/2010 to 7/2010

Academic Qualifications

::Diploma in Business Administration- 1 year diploma- 07/2017 to 06/2018
::Diploma in English- In 2010 (3 months)
::Diploma in Information and communication technology- In 2011 (3 months)
Diploma in Airline Ticketing- In 2013 (3months)
::GCE A/L- 2012
::GCE O/L- 2009
And couple of basic courses while I was doing my Advanced Level in school.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Employment History

::Currently working as an Assistant Manager. 01/2018 to date.
::Worked as Trainee Manager. 06/2017 to 01/2018
::Worked as Nursery Teacher. 03/2016 to 06/2014
::Worked as Pre School teacher. 01/2010 to 7/2010

Academic Qualifications

::Diploma in Business Administration- 1 year diploma- 07/2017 to 06/2018
::Diploma in English- In 2010 (3 months)
::Diploma in Information and communication technology- In 2011 (3 months)
Diploma in Airline Ticketing- In 2013 (3months)
::GCE A/L- 2012
::GCE O/L- 2009
And couple of basic courses while I was doing my Advanced Level in school.
Point 2

Your work experience would probably be in either the fields of education or business or somewhere in between. Project management is something done with Engineering students, not those in education or business. For best chance of visa you need to chose something related to your previous work experience or education qualifications. For graduate courses especially they must be related to either work experience or academic qualifications.

Point 3

Like @bongoman said, non-liquid assets ( houses, cars etc. ) are not given much weightage. Things like Education Loans, Cash, Fixed deposits etc are given more weightage. Your house will not mean much, since you can't liquidate it easily.

Reactions: Shama001

Shama001

May 22, 2019
@selvakk @bongoman

Ok I got to the point.

My sponsor is my cousin (my aunt's son) which is not an issue as peer VO. He have shown approximately 6million and his businesses as well as assets under his name.
Apart from that my my husband as co sponsor have shown 2 million which is not really important I guess.

But I don't have any funds solely under my name. Which is probably one of the reason for point #3?

So what if I transfer my husband's funds directly to my personal saving account which is 2 million? Do you'll think that should give some sort of positive impact?

Since I have completed Dip in Business Management only we selected this project management. What if we changed the course Bachelors in Business Management or something related to business?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
@selvakk @bongoman

Ok I got to the point.

My sponsor is my cousin (my aunt's son) which is not an issue as peer VO. He have shown approximately 6million and his businesses as well as assets under his name.
Apart from that my my husband as co sponsor have shown 2 million which is not really important I guess.

But I don't have any funds solely under my name. Which is probably one of the reason for point #3?

So what if I transfer my husband's funds directly to my personal saving account which is 2 million? Do you'll think that should give some sort of positive impact?

Since I have completed Dip in Business Management only we selected this project management. What if we changed the course Bachelors in Business Management or something related to business?
Transferring of funds will not really affect anything. Sponsors are good, as long as it's documented.

I am sorry but Business management and project management are not related at all, just because it has management at the end of it does not mean it's a business course. Doing a program is not like choosing what to eat in a restaurant. You need to choose something that's related to your program and something that you can apply in your home country.

If you randomly select courses and apply then visa officer will think that you are not a genuine student which is related to the first point in your rejection notice. You need to explain the reasons for doing the program in SOP.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
So rather than switching the course, it is better to explain why I'm doing this course and why did I selected as you said.

Yes my sponsor has everything documented. That's why the VO has not mentioned anything related to sponsor.

So what can I do floor my financial status now? Please give me some ideas and options bro..

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
So rather than switching the course, it is better to explain why I'm doing this course and why did I selected as you said.

Yes my sponsor has everything documented. That's why the VO has not mentioned anything related to sponsor.

So what can I do floor my financial status now? Please give me some ideas and options bro..
Yes, if you really want to do project management, you will have to explain how doing the program will help you.

You can chose another program, but you need to give a justification or have past work history or education qualifications. Avoid drastically changing programs. That would show you are desperate to enter Canada at any cost. Always show why you want to go for a particular program.

You should have some funds at least, it should not be zero. Have you show any funds from your personal account.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
Ok bro.. I'm clear... thank you bro.. If I'm having any issues to be clarified I'll come here.. much appreciated...

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

Rejection letters are very general they will never say anything about sponsor just the general issue with funds no matter what the issue is, if you want details you need to apply for caips notes which will contain the officer s explanation for the rejection.

Funds need to be personal, business accounts dont count.
If you are using a sponsor they need to write a supporting letter with their bank statement that they are sponsoring you, why and to what amount. Y
need to tie everything together in your letter of purpose.

Shama001

May 22, 2019
I have a letter from my sponsor mentioning the e amount and watches is sponsoring me as you said long with his bank statements.

How can I order caips bro?