+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused

Hari Patel

Apr 5, 2019
I got a refusal today in morning.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: your qualifications,
previous studies, missing marksheets, academic record, level of establishment, language
abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

What should I do??

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Well, a couple of things IMO.....

1. Work on your English skills. A 5.5 on your IELTS score probably won’t cut it anymore with IRCC. You’ll need 6 in all areas.
  2. Pick a course that’s a progression from your previous studies. Going from architecture to construction is a step backwards in the view of the visa officer.
My 2 cents.....

Hari Patel

Apr 5, 2019
Well, a couple of things IMO.....

1. Work on your English skills. A 5.5 on your IELTS score probably won’t cut it anymore with IRCC. You’ll need 6 in all areas.
  2. Pick a course that’s a progression from your previous studies. Going from architecture to construction is a step backwards in the view of the visa officer.
My 2 cents.....

So can I change to Architecture Technology from Construction course. With this IELTS result. Please reply me.

Jaspriya

Aug 15, 2018
Hello everyone
My qualifications -ICSE 10-88.5%
ISC 12-88.4 %(commerce)
IELTs -6.5 with no less than 6 in each .
Applied for business administration -accounting program at NBCC .

Unfortunately My study visa has been refused second time
Reason -

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Any one refused for the same reason?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone
My qualifications -ICSE 10-88.5%
ISC 12-88.4 %(commerce)
IELTs -6.5 with no less than 6 in each .
Applied for business administration -accounting program at NBCC .

Unfortunately My study visa has been refused second time
Reason -

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Any one refused for the same reason?
What financial information did you provide?

Apr 18, 2019
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help me out here:

I have received PPR on March 18th, as i got married on the Feb 18, I updated CIC before sending my passport on the 18th March that I am married.
I have not received my passport yet- when i called CIC on April 3rd asking for explanation of the delay, they told me that it is because of my marital status that has changed. It has been a month and no word from them. Does any one know what the timeline would be?

Meanwhile, my work permit was going to be expired on the Feb 8th, so i have applied for BWOP on Jan 13. I received a refusal today as i did not provide my nomination certificate. Can i continue work as my passport is with the immigration already?
What are my options to continue work as I'm worried about losing my job due to this situation.

Please someone help.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hello,
Hopefully someone can help me out here:

I have received PPR on March 18th, as i got married on the Feb 18, I updated CIC before sending my passport on the 18th March that I am married.
I have not received my passport yet- when i called CIC on April 3rd asking for explanation of the delay, they told me that it is because of my marital status that has changed. It has been a month and no word from them. Does any one know what the timeline would be?

Meanwhile, my work permit was going to be expired on the Feb 8th, so i have applied for BWOP on Jan 13. I received a refusal today as i did not provide my nomination certificate. Can i continue work as my passport is with the immigration already?
What are my options to continue work as I'm worried about losing my job due to this situation.

Please someone help.
If your BOWP was refused then you cannot work as you no longer have a valid work permit.

What did the refusal letter say?

Apr 18, 2019
If your BOWP was refused then you cannot work as you no longer have a valid work permit.

What did the refusal letter say?
Thank you so much for your quick response.

The letter said: you have failed to meet the eligibility requirements for a bridging open work permit because you did not submit a copy of your provincial nominee certificate.

When can i start working again? Please tell me what are my options and next steps?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I believe that you can no longer apply for a BOWP since your work permit has already expired. What is your status in Canada right now? Has your TRV expired?

You can try calling and asking IRCC to reopen your case. I don't think you have a strong chance since the mistake was yours.

Unfortunately you probably need to stop working immediately. If you continue working without any form of work permit, this may have an impact on your PR application. Adding a spouse to a PR application can take months.

You should consult an immigration attorney immediately to see what can be done. It's clear that you need help (you messed up your BOWP process - if you had sent the nominee certificate none of this what have happened).

Don't try and do this yourself since you're in a delicate situation - almost a PR, but currently out of status, with no passport.

Apr 18, 2019
I believe that you can no longer apply for a BOWP since your work permit has already expired. What is your status in Canada right now? Has your TRV expired?

You can try calling and asking IRCC to reopen your case. I don't think you have a strong chance since the mistake was yours.

Unfortunately you probably need to stop working immediately. If you continue working without any form of work permit, this may have an impact on your PR application. Adding a spouse to a PR application can take months.

You should consult an immigration attorney immediately to see what can be done. It's clear that you need help (you messed up your BOWP process - if you had sent the nominee certificate none of this what have happened).

Don't try and do this yourself since you're in a delicate situation - almost a PR, but currently out of status, with no passport.
My husband works in the US and does not want a PR or work permit. In this case can i declare that he is not going to be my dependent in any case- would this expedite my PR stamping? Please advise? if not how long would it ideally take for them to process my PR now with the current situation?

Apr 18, 2019
My husband works in the US and does not want a PR or work permit. In this case can i declare that he is not going to be my dependent in any case- would this expedite my PR stamping? Please advise? if not how long would it ideally take for them to process my PR now with the current situation?
TRV has expired- i do not have any status at this point. No visitor, No worker and no PR yet.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I would recommend you stop trying to figure out a complex immigration situation in a panic. Go talk to a professional and explain your case.

Maybe someone more experienced can give you advice, but remember that this is just an internet forum, and it is your duty to remain in status in Canada and follow the conditions of your work permit. If you're so unsure about the process, you should consult a lawyer!

Even if you get good advice here, you may make a mistake in following the steps recommended since you're clearly not familiar with how the PR process works (you should have notified IRCC immediately after getting married, for one thing).

Please get a professional to help you with this - don't mess up your almost complete PR application.