+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
I applied paper application....got refusal today...
Reasons
Immigration status in country of residence?
Proposed length of stay
Employment opportunities in country of stay

What to do??
Depressed :mad: :mad:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You need to provide your complete profile.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
I am a doctor,MBBS,from Pakistan...
Currently working in saudia Arabia...
I applied for international management in health leadership at Mcgill...
Ilets 7
What else?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
"Immigration status in country of residence" is referring to you're status in Saudi Arabia. An expat is considered a temporary resident, once you're iqama expires and you leave Saudi to Canada you won't have a valid status anymore. Since you're an expat in Saudi Arabia, how did you show strong ties with Pakistan? Did you mention that you will be returning to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, and where did you say you plan to work after graduation?

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Yes anaqi,
I showed them my property details in Pakistan...and my spouse property too...
I applied with family
I said that I can work in Pakistan or saudia as opportunities available...
So confused,
Should apply again, paper or online?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
Don't mention opportunities at all in Saudi Arabia since you may not have any sort of permanent residence in Saudi. For Saudi Arabia you need a job offer to get a work permit and from the VO's perspective they don't know if you'll get an offer after you graduate and therefore is still uncertain territory. Which explains the first and third reasons for refusal. They specifically said "...country of stay" rather than home country. Your study plan should convince them that you will be returning to Pakistan and you'll look for a job there. You also have to explain how International Management in Health Leadership will help you look for a job in Pakistan and the demand for people with this degree in this field over there. These reasons of refusal are very common amongst expats who apply for Canada/USA/UK/Australia student visas from the Middle East.

How long did they process this application? When does your semester start? If you have enough time then you can apply again, otherwise it's best to defer your admission to January or next September.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
They process it in 4 weeks
Actually my university wants me to come for sept module on visitor and official start from Jan 2017 on study permit... BUT sept module is compulsory otherwise.....nothing
So I applied both TRV and study permit together as I already recieved my CAQ ...

But rejected..
Should I apply now only TRV....as time is too short and TRV processing time here is 22 days??

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
You can apply for TRV if you think that is best but they might think that you received a previous rejection you might go there on a visitor visa and start studying there illegally. Therefore write a letter explaining you got a rejection for study permit therefore you have deferred your program to January and will be applying again later in the year. And mention that you are only going to visit the campus and meet the faculty and look at the city etc. in preparation for January intake. Make a hotel reservation online for a limited amount of time you'll be there and include the confirmation in the application. You can always cancel if plans change. Shows them you will be returning back to Saudi. And the basics such as bank statement, employment contract, and letter from your employer confirming your leave and you'll be back to work on this date.

docsazm

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Thanks anaqi...
I have invitation letter also from faculty for sept...
And this time will apply alone...
Before I applied with family,,,,I guess this was the mistake...any ways....
What to do ?? Online or paper?? Any suggestions?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
I'd recommend applying on paper mainly because you don't have to deal with uploading everything and you can submit as many documents as you want on paper and it's easier to make sure you've included everything. I applied for my father's visitor visa on paper separately and UAE showed 33 days for processing TRV but he received his approval after 25 days. I feel paper may get processed faster.

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
Hello guys..
Im still waiting my visa.
Im indonesian work in japan.
I think i might have the same problem like u.
Im getuing so worry now.
My country residence is japan, i proof my working visa here.
And i also write about my home country and contribuion i wanna give.
I think cic know once i leave japan, my working visa will be revoked.

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
anaqi said:
"Immigration status in country of residence" is referring to you're status in Saudi Arabia. An expat is considered a temporary resident, once you're iqama expires and you leave Saudi to Canada you won't have a valid status anymore. Since you're an expat in Saudi Arabia, how did you show strong ties with Pakistan? Did you mention that you will be returning to Saudi Arabia or Pakistan, and where did you say you plan to work after graduation?
Btw why we have to proof ties with home country.
It is nothing with cic.
He could work anywhere he wants????

pepo2016

Star Member
May 9, 2016
I was a government full sholarship from my country residence.
They governememt paid my tuition fee n living cost when i was in my undergrad.
Do u think it might even worst?

anaqi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2016
pepo2016 said:
I was a government full sholarship from my country residence.
They governememt paid my tuition fee n living cost when i was in my undergrad.
Do u think it might even worst?
No that's probably a good thing from the VO's perspective. Shows them that you were able to fund your education and living costs successfully. Some people resort to working without a work permit to fund education, that doesn't seem to be the case for yours.

What's more important is how you are planning to fund your education in Canada, that's what they will look for.