+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA REFUSED TWICE [HELP]

Harinderr

Aug 21, 2021
Hello everyone,
I got my Canada study visa refusal second time, Both times I applied for Business administration diploma of 2 years at Norquest College in Edmonton,
Now I want to re-apply one more time and I am considering to change course and Opt for Computer related / IT courses.
Is there a change of getting visa?
My refusal letter reasons
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and
plans

My profile

I passed 12th in 2020 with 68.9% with
63% in physics
56% in mathematics, 60% in chemistry, 79% in English and 83% - physical education

10th in 2018 with 73.8% marks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you have no post secondary then apply to universities not colleges for a 3 or 4 year program. You have no work experience so to show career advancement get a degree. No reason to spend thousands of dollars on a Canadian education for a 2 year college program. How much more will you be making in your home country to justify cost? Your grades are poor so VO is concerned if you will even pass your courses.

Last edited:

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
Hello everyone,
I got my Canada study visa refusal second time, Both times I applied for Business administration diploma of 2 years at Norquest College in Edmonton,
Now I want to re-apply one more time and I am considering to change course and Opt for Computer related / IT courses.
Is there a change of getting visa?
My refusal letter reasons
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of: your qualifications, previous
studies, mark sheets, academic record, level of establishment and/or your future prospects and
plans

My profile
I passed 12th in 2020 with 68.9% with
63% in physics
56% in mathematics, 60% in chemistry, 79% in English and 83% - physical education

10th in 2018 with 73.8% marks
Suggest to improve your Math if you’re planning on computer/IT related programs. Both systems and programming requires above fundamental Math, especially when calculating in binary and hex.

Harinderr

Aug 21, 2021
Suggest to improve your Math if you’re planning on computer/IT related programs. Both systems and programming requires above fundamental Math, especially when calculating in binary and hex.
But for that I have to re do my 12th class which take 1year.
Thanks for answer
My main query is can I change my course while reapplying? Do I have to mention about this in SOP?How can I justify this?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
But for that I have to re do my 12th class which take 1year.
Thanks for answer
My main query is can I change my course while reapplying? Do I have to mention about this in SOP?How can I justify this?
A lot of applicants already did that, changed their intended program, with some getting approval after 3rd or 4th attempts. You can search this forum for the different discussions. Others even gave a blow-by-blow account on how they did it.

You can justify your intended program by relating it to your previous academic/current job experience and how it would lead to better career opportunities in your home country. Remember, you would be investing a lot when you study in Canada so it should make practical sense when you go back to home country.

Harinderr

Aug 21, 2021
A lot of applicants already did that, changed their intended program, with some getting approval after 3rd or 4th attempts. You can search this forum for the different discussions. Others even gave a blow-by-blow account on how they did it.

You can justify your intended program by relating it to your previous academic/current job experience and how it would lead to better career opportunities in your home country. Remember, you would be investing a lot when you study in Canada so it should make practical sense when you go back to home country.
Thanks you very much for clearing my doubt,
I want to know that should mention about previous course Business administration in SOP or should I just mention about course with which I will apply now.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Thanks you very much for clearing my doubt,
I want to know that should mention about previous course Business administration in SOP or should I just mention about course with which I will apply now.
Yes you should mention your previous application details and the reasons for rejection.

If I may add, you should not ignore the advice you've been given above though it might appear unsolicited to you.