+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused Please Help

JN123

Oct 7, 2019
Hey guys, please help!

I applied (first time) on 26th September paper application and biometrics same day.
Biometrics letter came on 4th August
7th August got my refusal stating won't leave the country on purpose of visit and family ties to Canada and my own country.

My husband is there on study permit since september 2019. I showed 7500 CAD in the account, i have a steady job since 7 years and leave letter, 3 years income tax return, investment in the company, enrolled in a distance learning school (not canada) was coming and going to give exams in india. Was going to take care of my own expenses, purpose was to celebrate holidays with him mentioned that in the SOP. Have a decent travel history to UK,Europe, and Asian countries.

Should I re-apply now or should I wait?

If now what other documents should I add to show ties?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey guys, please help!

I applied (first time) on 26th September paper application and biometrics same day.
Biometrics letter came on 4th August
7th August got my refusal stating won't leave the country on purpose of visit and family ties to Canada and my own country.

My husband is there on study permit since september 2019. I showed 7500 CAD in the account, i have a steady job since 7 years and leave letter, 3 years income tax return, investment in the company, enrolled in a distance learning school (not canada) was coming and going to give exams in india. Was going to take care of my own expenses, purpose was to celebrate holidays with him mentioned that in the SOP. Have a decent travel history to UK,Europe, and Asian countries.

Should I re-apply now or should I wait?

If now what other documents should I add to show ties?
Given that your husband is studying in Canada there is a high risk you would remain in Canada. He could also easily return home for the holidays. Even if you don’t actually plan on staying in Canada many in your position have so that is why you were denied. 7500 is not a lot of savings when a trip would consume a good portion of the savings. Can your husband not return home for the holidays? If you want to stay in Canada you should apply for an OWP.

JN123

Oct 7, 2019
I was not going to overstay and was going to come back. Thinking I would apply for OWP once his study visa is extended for the next year, as there were chances of rejection even there. But now I am stuck :(