+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused one time, will changing my course and province will negatively affect next time when I apply? Please advice..

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
T
Looks like you finally understand the reality.

Cheap = usually a bad program
Non GMAT = bad program
Near major cities = expensive

Do some research, you may find something that is affordable and good however GMAT score may be a requirement
[/QUOQUOTE
Try UNB.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Proposed studies not reasonable in light of qualification,
========================
Try to find Post-Bac (MBA is too expensive and not necessary in your case) which will be in a line with your career (Senior Business Immigration Analyst - Senior Associate - who next?)
May be try Post-Bac in International Business or Entrepreneurship at Thompson Rivers University ( https://tru.ca/business/post-bacc/post-baccalaureate-diplomas-details-and-requirements.html , claming that it could useful in your line of work in your country, to introduce Canadian ways of doing business)

level of establishment,
==========================
Are you married? Where do you live?
What country? Your home country or you are already an immigrant living in another country?

academic records, previous studies,
=====================
No wonder your application has been refused.

Strategic Global Business Management, program Description.
International trade and investment are critical to the Canadian economy. As a result, Canadian businesses are in need of people who can manage international projects that take place across time zones, languages, cultures and currencies.
The first year of the program will provide you with a broad knowledge base in the four major areas of global business - Accounting and Finance, Marketing and Sales, Supply Chain and Operations, and Human Resources.

What do all of that to do with "(Senior) Business Immigration Analyst"?

future plans and prospects.
=======================
Chose Post -Bac at TRU and try to convince Visa Office that " International Business" will help you with "Business Immigration" part of your work, or
Post-Bac in Entrepreneurship could help you to establish your own business in "Business immigration" field , or any of them will make you highly competitive in the current company or in the job market of your country (how post-Bac degree could make you competitive? What path are you going to go with Canadian degree in your future career in the home country?) .

Reactions: jmjrose

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Really? A senior with Msc and tons of experiences and you suggest a Post-Bac Diploma? An MBA not necessary. Wow, sound like you're that regulated visa officer that everyone want to talk to.

You work for TRU right?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really? A senior with Msc and tons of experiences and you suggest a Post-Bac Diploma? An MBA not necessary. Wow, sound like you're that regulated visa officer that anyone want to talk to.

You work for TRU right?
[/QUOTE]
No, I do not work there but I studied there.

His MSc is worthless. He has never worked either in IT or any science.
Post-Bac could be judged as a necessary step in his real occupation.
And because he already has Masters he does not need another one.

CIC does not care about education if it does not have any connection with the current occupation.
His carer is in "Business Immigration" not in science.

So he should base his reason for education in Canada on his current occupation
and his further career in "Business Immigration" field in his home country.

I could agree that MBA could work but it is more expensive and not necessary precisely because he already have one.

To convince Visa Office that he needs another education could only work if he could show how it will work for his current career in the home country. He has work experience in "Business immigration" but do not have education in that field. So if he is not able and willing to pay for expensive MBA program, Post-Bac in the field of his current occupation could work as well.

The main thing for convincing Visa office is to tie his current occupation with the necessity of Canadian education in the same field .

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
His Msc is not worthless, Everyone knows that a guy at 32 years old should have more than just a Post-bac which is mainly designed for young fresh graduates. You are also wrong saying that his experiences do not count. Did you ever heard of MBA for Executives? Seniors with 5 years experiences or more coming from all domains are taking that MBA as it is designed for them and their background.

And, you sound like you've been studied and licensed to work as an Immigration Officer. How are you so sure about everything that you end up making a suggestion like that? People here are trying to explain the most logical and easiest procedure for OP to consider and for OP to do more research on his/her side. You're sure that having an admission from TRU will lead to a successful study permit application? If not, will you take any responsibility seeing that you're the one who suggested?

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
@Regina @thaovy99 .... I worked in business immigration field at the time of application.. I had to wait for more than 1 year to get my final visa decision.. Inbetween, I changed my job and working as Senior Associate in a company where HR outsourcing activities are provided..

And no, I am from India, and I am not married..
Nd for showing strong home ties, should I really show strong financial background? Because,my financial background is not strong.... Earlier I applied under SDS category where I paid 1 yr tution fee and showed gic of 10,000 cad..
If I again apply under SDS category with no other financial documents except 1 yr fee and gic, will that create a negative impact?