+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused one time, will changing my course and province will negatively affect next time when I apply? Please advice..

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
Guys, pls help me to make my application stronger.. My profile info.
Age 32
MSc Software Engineering (7.57 CGPA), IELTS - 7
But I don't have any experience in IT field.. I worked as a Senior Business Immigration Analyst. Now, in another company as Senior Associate.
Applied for Post Graduate Certificate in Strategic Global Business Management

My application was refused based on purpose of visit,
Proposed studies not reasonable in light of qualification, level of establishment, academic records, previous studies, future plans and prospects.

In my sop, I stated my future plan to be in managerial role...

Guys, pls help me how can I make my profile better next time when I apply...

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Guys, pls help me to make my application stronger.. My profile info.
Age 32
MSc Software Engineering (7.57 CGPA), IELTS - 7
But I don't have any experience in IT field.. I worked as a Senior Business Immigration Analyst. Now, in another company as Senior Associate.
Applied for Post Graduate Certificate in Strategic Global Business Management

My application was refused based on purpose of visit,
Proposed studies not reasonable in light of qualification, level of establishment, academic records, previous studies, future plans and prospects.

In my sop, I stated my future plan to be in managerial role...

Guys, pls help me how can I make my profile better next time when I apply...
MBA at a top school.

Reactions: jmjrose

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Thank you, here, I have a doubt, how can I convince visa officer, why am I changing my program? Can u pls help?
How? It's better ranking, better reputation, better job opportunities, better intl recognition, better standard of professors, better networking, high level of courses...do you need more?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
If your plan is to progress into Managerial role, taking a graduate certificate course will not get you there. Apply for an MBA or related Management-focused program at a University.
Also, did you highlight the reasons why you are working in a completely different field than what you initially spent years studying?

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
If your plan is to progress into Managerial role, taking a graduate certificate course will not get you there. Apply for an MBA or related Management-focused program at a University.
Also, did you highlight the reasons why you are working in a completely different field than what you initially spent years studying?
No... I casually mentioned in the SOP like I found interest in the area I started working...

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should convince Visa Office that your Canadian education will be useful for your further career in you home country.
And explain to them why you do not want to study at home but in Canada.

Last edited:

jmjrose

Star Member
Sep 12, 2020
From other threads, I understand Crandall is not a good choice... Can anyone help me with other universities with affordable fee and no mandatory gmat... I found Newfoundland memorial.. But since, climate is extremely cold, I don't know if I can survive...

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Hey, a Master in business has no affordable fee. Prepare to spend money on a credible degree from a public university. Crandall is a bad choice yes,
Newfoundland is far from the coldest province so if people can live there, so will you. I am now in a city with -50 degree Celsius in winter and still alive :confused:

They are both not very well-known universities though. If you really want something valuable, stick to well-known universities.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
From other threads, I understand Crandall is not a good choice... Can anyone help me with other universities with affordable fee and no mandatory gmat... I found Newfoundland memorial.. But since, climate is extremely cold, I don't know if I can survive...
Looks like you finally understand the reality.

Cheap = usually a bad program
Non GMAT = bad program
Near major cities = expensive

Do some research, you may find something that is affordable and good however GMAT score may be a requirement

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you can’t survive in Newfoundland then don’t look at Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba that have even colder winters.