+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused not satisfied with documents

Dine2317

Feb 6, 2014
I applied for my work permit visa together with my brother online last january 4, 2014. My brother received the decision today "refused" because the officer is not satisfied with my brother's going back here in accordance to the contract.

We are at lost why the conclusion came to this they did not even ask for bank accounts. And all we submitted was what they asked for...I haven't received any update in mu case, Which makes me a bit worried because we applied with almost the same documetns since we worked for the same company in the philippines and in Scotland at the same time.

Is there anyway my brother can appeal the decision?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Not really, there is no privilege for appeals. I don't know why you were not aware you are supposed to submit bank statements along with the application.

I am least aware about Philippines but in general people submit entire proof of their profiles, past job experiences, pay stubs, bank statements, details of assets if any etc. WITH their application. This all falls under "proof that you meet the job requirements" and "ties to home country".

I would advise you to submit all this, unsolicited right away. In our home country, we can email all of this stuff to embassy quoting our file number (if we have one), full name, date of birth, passport number, date of application, submission details (online id, VAC, courier etc.)

Dine2317

Feb 6, 2014
fkl said:
Not really, there is no privilege for appeals. I don't know why you were not aware you are supposed to submit bank statements along with the application.

I am least aware about Philippines but in general people submit entire proof of their profiles, past job experiences, pay stubs, bank statements, details of assets if any etc. WITH their application. This all falls under "proof that you meet the job requirements" and "ties to home country".

I would advise you to submit all this, unsolicited right away. In our home country, we can email all of this stuff to embassy quoting our file number (if we have one), full name, date of birth, passport number, date of application, submission details (online id, VAC, courier etc.)
Hi, in the section "proof that you meet the job requirement" it was describe as "if your job is regulated attach licences governed by regulating committees" as per our LMO my job isn't regulated. I was not requested for a document regarding "ties yo home country". Also if it was just those documents missing why didn't they just requested for it rather than refuse the application altogether

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Dine2317 said:
Hi, in the section "proof that you meet the job requirement" it was describe as "if your job is regulated attach licences governed by regulating committees" as per our LMO my job isn't regulated. I was not requested for a document regarding "ties yo home country". Also if it was just those documents missing why didn't they just requested for it rather than refuse the application altogether
To sum it up, it is like that i.e. they need things not written precisely on the website. It is up to their mood to out right refuse an application being short on something or ask you to submit further docs.

I have seen people refused because the EMBASSY some how mistook the type of application although it was AS CLEARLY stated on the forms as possible. Even then people just have to reapply because there is no appeal system.

As a general advice, we try to submit all documents that are sort of required as a norm. Most of those are mentioned on CIC website in checklists but some might not be there. Still better safe than sorry.

Freespirited

Star Member
Sep 29, 2013
Muntinlupa
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan. 31, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
Wife skilled worker in BC
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
None
Interview........
None
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
it all depends on the VISA Officer who will handle your application, some are strict and some are considerate. if i were you i will submit asap my bank statements, car, land , ownership if you have, marriage, birth cert if you have a son if not mother, father and brothers who are still here in the philippines . That is now the most common reason of denial, so better submit all the proof that you will comeback after your contract asap before its too late better yet compile it and send a letter of explanation that you will guarantee that you will come back to the country of origin after your or before your work permit expires.

Dine2317

Feb 6, 2014
fkl said:
To sum it up, it is like that i.e. they need things not written precisely on the website. It is up to their mood to out right refuse an application being short on something or ask you to submit further docs.

I have seen people refused because the EMBASSY some how mistook the type of application although it was AS CLEARLY stated on the forms as possible. Even then people just have to reapply because there is no appeal system.

As a general advice, we try to submit all documents that are sort of required as a norm. Most of those are mentioned on CIC website in checklists but some might not be there. Still better safe than sorry.
Thanks, I hopes if I submit my additional documents personally since there is no option to add docs online it could reach the immigration officer before any decision is made on mine

Dine2317

Feb 6, 2014
Freespirited said:
it all depends on the VISA Officer who will handle your application, some are strict and some are considerate. if i were you i will submit asap my bank statements, car, land , ownership if you have, marriage, birth cert if you have a son if not mother, father and brothers who are still here in the philippines . That is now the most common reason of denial, so better submit all the proof that you will comeback after your contract asap before its too late better yet compile it and send a letter of explanation that you will guarantee that you will come back to the country of origin after your or before your work permit expires.
Sana mabait ang mapunta skn officer para mabigyan ako option to send additional docs hindi refusal kaagad..

Shuvo723

Oct 6, 2013
Received positive lmo but confused about the bank statement,pls help

Hello,I received the positive lmo from a bc employer as a twp visa but confused how much money I have show on my bank account?currently studying in uk,confused because there is nothing mention on the cic and called vfs in london but they can't give any information either,pls help

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Re: Received positive lmo but confused about the bank statement,pls help

Shuvo723 said:
Hello,I received the positive lmo from a bc employer as a twp visa but confused how much money I have show on my bank account?currently studying in uk,confused because there is nothing mention on the cic and called vfs in london but they can't give any information either,pls help
If you are going on a twp and you have a confirmed job offer, you don't need any money strictly speaking. Proof of funds requirements are for those who do not have a confirmed means of earning in Canada e.g. study permit, even PR etc.

ben apolo

Star Member
May 4, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Online Application
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 Nov, 2013
Med's Request
Jan 15, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 23, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 19, 2014
LANDED..........
Mar 12, 2014
Re: Received positive lmo but confused about the bank statement,pls help

Shuvo723 said:
Hi, Shuvo723,

In applying For Temporary Resident Visa there are 2 different Forms to submit.

1. Visit/Tourist - IMM5257e (Pls. correct me if I am wrong)
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/52_1.aspx?lang=eng

2.Work - IMM5257B-Schedule 1
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/work.asp

For TFW with LMO no need proof of fund as in the document checklist.

Maybe until now we still reading here about proof of funds in Working Visa.
Maybe because they submitted a WRONG FORM.

Others were denied to the reason of.
1. Purpose of Visit. (There is no section/questioner in TFW IMM5257B-Schedule 1.)
(Only in IMM5257e for visit visa.)
2. Ties of Home country. (Here in Details of visit in Canada section 4 asked you who will you visiting)(Only in IMM5257e for visit visa.)
(Maybe this is the reason of DENIAL by VO that you will not come back to your home country after you finish your contract.

Base on my application. (TFW with LMO)
There is no section requiring workin visa to show proof of funds.

Please check the correct form before submitting your application.

( I am not a consultant or an expert about immigration Canada. I just put inputs based on my application only.)

RabinJi

Champion Member
Feb 3, 2014
Penticton,B.C
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016
AOR Received.
13th June
Passport Req..
14,June,2017
LANDED..........
18/07/2017
enquiry

Hi everyone,right now i am in Jeddah,Saudi Arab.I have almost my documents is ready to apply for Temporary Work Permit.So i would like to ask if i can apply from Riyadh Canadian Embassy but my consultancy advised me to apply direct from Abu Dhabi.So what can i do?

PRAJAPATI

Feb 4, 2014
dear

even my visa also refused for main two reason below:

1. your current job situation
2. your financial asset

i had applied for food counter attendant but currently working as marketing executive and shown 7 lacs in as bank statement . visa officer refused visa as i will not come back to my home country.

plz advise what should i do..... reapply or not as i had 2 year experience in subway ....

if yes which docs will i add in my application to make financial condition strong. i had submitted only bank statement as people in this forum said that financial condition is not important LMO application....

one consultant ready to preapare my file but want advance like 50,000 indian rupees

plz advise