+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused, judicial review or re-application?

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
MONTY39 said:
Judicial review won't fetch you anything...Its a long tedious process involving loads of money spent on lawyers.
Although, as you mentioned that your case was very strong, think what can be changed from the previous application.
Aged parents, properties and sabbatical from employer reasons won't make even slightest of difference to the VO.
If I re-apply for visa, these drawbacks would still remain there, and there is a high chance that I would still be refused.
I think, despite being expensive and long process, judicial review is the only option I have because there is nothing 'legally' wrong with having PR brothers in Canada. Visa officers, on the other hand, would not agree with that

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
haris00 said:
agreed with the drawbacks.
BUT, why would they question source of funds? My father is clearly a wealthy person and he himself deposited that money in my account (All proofs of his financial background were attached.)
On top of that, the money remained untouched in my account since 8 months till now. No one, who would have taken money from other sources, could keep the money for that amount of period. Therefore, I believe that I can easily challenge this particular issue in the judicial review.

Now, coming to the drawbacks, you tell me, what specific thing I could do about them?
I can't change my past, can I? Visa refusals are there, and they would remain there. All I can do is to explain why they happened and why they are not relevant in the current application -- and that is what did. I wrote a three pages letter explaining each refusal in detail and how I had rectified every situation in current application.
And as for the PR's of my brothers, again, whatever the route they followed to get PR, I cannot change it. What my brothers did does not define what I would do. They did that in light of their own circumstances and ambitions. And they did NOT do anything illegal.

Agreed, that if we look through the visa officers eyes, he would see them as huge drawbacks. However, none of my drawbacks 'legally' allows a visa officer to blatantly refuse the application.

To be honest, I don't know what I can add in my new application to change the circumstances. As I said, there is no way I can change my drawbacks. Therefore, judicial review is the only route I see.

If you have any advice, I am all ears.

Thanks
Hey Haris, agree with every bit of your word. The perspective which I mentioned is ideally a VO's judgement.
And also I know that there is nothing much that you can change...
As per the financial theory, maybe thats just an additional point they added to your case.
Please think, if they add only one reason it becomes too obvious and easy to be challenged, isn't it?
But yes, in your case re-application will not be the solution and you are probably right about the review.

All the Best

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
MONTY39 said:
Hey Haris, agree with every bit of your word. The perspective which I mentioned is ideally a VO's judgement.
And also I know that there is nothing much that you can change...
As per the financial theory, maybe thats just an additional point they added to your case.
Please think, if they add only one reason it becomes too obvious and easy to be challenged, isn't it?
But yes, in your case re-application will not be the solution and you are probably right about the review.

All the Best
Thanks

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
SYSyed said:
proof of funds
lack of funds
prospects of employments in home country
travel history
ties

I forgot to submit one old passport, so submitting now and explaining my travel history in detail as well. for ties submitting FRC along with property
It's amazing to see that when the VO is not convinced on one point, he/she would just tick the other one's as well on which they have the slightest of doubt as well.

Anyway, do share your gcms notes with me

SYSyed

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Lahore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11th July 2016
Doc's Request.
submitted
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
passed on 3-8-2016
Interview........
none yet
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
did u get ur gmc notes? how long did it take? I have applied mine but dont know when ll get them?

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
SYSyed said:
did u get ur gmc notes? how long did it take? I have applied mine but dont know when ll get them?
Not I haven't

But from what I have known, it takes almost around 30 calender days at least

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
How do you apply for CAIPs ?
I read it can only be applied through someone with a stay permit in canada, you sign an authorization form to the person and he/she applies on your behalf or through a lawyer in canada.

What are the facts?

Playcold

Star Member
May 20, 2017
It's amazing to see that when the VO is not convinced on one point, he/she would just tick the other one's as well on which they have the slightest of doubt as well.
Anyway, do share your gcms notes with me
Its really surprising they don't just tick what relates to your case but add few to it.
And why wont canada just give you the VOs reasons but you have to apply to get that, that makes no sense to me because thats your grounds of refusal but you wont attach it to the applicants letter.

I read UK gives you all the details

futurestudent

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
How do you apply for CAIPs ?
I read it can only be applied through someone with a stay permit in canada, you sign an authorization form to the person and he/she applies on your behalf or through a lawyer in canada.

What are the facts?
yes, but it does not mean you have to have a frnd/relative in canada. There are plenty of third parties offering service from $15 to $40. Check caipsgcms.com. cheapest ($15) and the most expensive is caips.ca/ ($40).

raja2396

Star Member
Apr 21, 2017
Islamabad
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Not I haven't

But from what I have known, it takes almost around 30 calender days at least
After how much time they send you refusal? And your previous visa rejections from those countries makes a wrong image on VO. Finances are not always everything.