+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused couple of times

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Hello friends,

I am a 26 yr old Indian aspiring to go to Canada on Student Visa but before I apply I need some info.
I was studying at Georgian College's(Barrie) extension counter in India 6-7 yrs ago and was doing Diploma in Computer programming.
While studying there I applied for student visa twice to do my last year of diploma in Canada and both times it was rejected stating
1) I didn't have enough ties to come back to india after study(although I am the only child of my parents and that was written in the covering letter and have property in my name).
2) I don't have enough funds to support my stay in Canada (I had shown around 15 lacs in bank and 6 lakh bank loan and property of around 2 crores).
I hadn't done IELTS then because it wasn't necessary as we were already studying in Georgian College(India).

Then I did IELTS and applied for Student Visa to New Zealand which was granted to me happily(probably looking at my IELTS score of 8.0). During my first year of study(Diploma in Computing) in New Zealand(in 2004) I again applied for visitor visa to Canada which was rejected on the similar grounds as above.
Then I got a job in IT here and subsequently was granted New Zealand PR 3 years ago. 1 and half year ago I applied for visitor visa again but it was rejected again on exactly same grounds.

I want to apply for Student Visa to do Degree of Computer Science now in Canada.
Now my questions are:
1) What are the chances of my visa being rejected again?
I have around New Zealand $20,000 in my saving account.
2) What can I show as my ties to New Zealand?
3) If I have a sponsorship from my Uncle(mom's real brother) who is in Vancouver would it make my case stronger or weaker?
4) How long does CIC keep a record of the rejections? (I was told they are wiped out of the system after an year or so)
5) Can one of my friends(he is not relative) here in New Zealand sponsor my study in Canada?

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey there,

Here's what I think however I'm not an expert.

1. High
Btw, NZD 20,000 is not sufficient, 30K sounds much better
2. na
3. Personally I don't think that your relatives living in Canada should be involved in all this as the officer may think that you also intend to settle down in the country
4. I'm afraid your rejections will be in the system forever
5. Yes he can

I think you could increase your chances if you chose another program. After a computer programming diploma why would you do a computer programming degree? Go for a post-graduate certificate I think that would make much more sense and you could explain in a letter how it relates to your previous studies why you need it, etc.

cheers.

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
Thanks a lot for getting back to me Matt...

I can't apply for post-grad course as I don't have a degree yet. Or is it possible to apply for post grad course on basis of my 2 diplomas??

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,

Depends on the institution. If you have at least a 3yr diploma and/or some work experience then you are probably eligible to take a post-grad program in one of the colleges. But yeah, universities might require a degree.

cheema_nz

Jan 15, 2010
i have a 2 yr diploma and a one year diploma...Also I have been working more then 5 years in IT....Can you please recommend any college where I can apply for Post-grad study??thanks

matt84

Star Member
Jan 10, 2010
Fredericton, NB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For example Sheridan, George Brown, Seneca, Humber, etc, etc...

you should also check:

uwaterloo.ca/canu/index.php

cheers.