+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refused based on purpose of visit

Priyanka01

Jan 12, 2019
Hi All,
I just got refusal for may 2020 based on purpose of visit as reason mentioned on my refusal letter.
My profile is :

12th: 80% - Non-medical Stream-2018
10th: 8.6 CGPA-2016
2018 to 2019 pepared for competitive exams for ICAR reerach institutue for agricultural, ccs University of agricultural, and lala lajpat raised Veterinary University
IELTS : 7.0 overall no band less than 6.0
College seneca : advance diploma in electromechanical Engineering - automation

Applied under SDS:
Paid 1 year fee
And GiC

Could anyone please help me what should I do and what should I need to improve in my SOP as I am going to re-apply.

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
Hello All,
I have been recently been refused my Canada Study Visa for the below reasons.Could some one take a look at my SOP and Profile and help me figure out the reason for refusal on Purpose of Visit.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources to pay the tuition fees for the program of studies that you intend to pursue and to pay for living expenses while in Canada.

My Profile:
Bachelors: Mechanical Engineering (55%)
Masters: Mechanical Engineering (3.3 GPA)
Employment: 8 years into IT Software.
University and Course applied in Canada: University Canada West,MBA
Proof of Funds:
1)146k CAD in Fixed Deposits split between Me and my Parents (My Self earned income transferred from US bank to Parents account's attached the proof) 2) Property worth 280k CAD on my name. 3) GIC paid for $10,000 4) First Semester Tuition Deposit -$7900 4) Sponsorship affidavit from parents.

Statement Of purpose:
To
The Visa Officer
The High Commission of Canada
Canada
Dear Sir/Madam,
Best Greetings of the day!
Subject: Statement of Purpose Student Visa to Canada
I am an aspirant student lived in the USA, born and brought up in India, planning to pursue a post-graduate course in Business Administration and for the same, I have secured admission for a Master's in Business Administration at University Canada West, Vancouver, Canada.
Family Details
I am (Applicant Name), and I am from the state of Telangana in India. My Father, (Fathers Name) is a retired serviceman (Veteran) from Indian army and also a retired senior security officer from (Company XXXX) . My mother, (Mothers Name) is a retired postmaster. I also have an elder brother, (Brothers Name). It is my pleasure to note that my family has been my pillar of strength, offering me all the aids and support throughout my life.

Education and Employment background
From my school days, I had the reputation of being an active person. I used to involve in as many as extracurricular and socio-cultural activities along with my studies. I managed to score decently in my secondary school certificate examination and higher secondary school examination from the Board of Intermediate Education. After that, I received an allotment for the Bachelor's degree program in Mechanical engineering at JNTU University in Telangana. Later, I felt the need for a much pragmatic and contemporary education and I went overseas to the USA to pursue my Masters. I completed my Masters in Mechanical engineering from (US University) with a considerably good cumulative grade point of 3.3 in 2009. The curriculum was extensive, covering topics such as finite element methods, composite material tests and characteristics, advanced composed materials, advanced fluid dynamics, advanced materials etc. I have already learned the fundamental courses of Information technology from under graduation itself and had been exposed to programming languages, databases, robotics, and statistics. Data Analysis, though not learned as a separate course, had always been a part of my education especially during the work regarding dissertations, which I had to submit during my studies.
After studies, I was offered an opportunity to be an intern as a system designer at (US Employer). My software skills and knowledge in the field of IT increased tremendously from this place. After the six month internship, I was hired as a full-time employee here.
For the past eight years, I have worked in different positions with (US Employer). I began as an SQL Server Database Administrator at (US End Client1), one of the leading health care clients from Maryland in 2010. I was exposed to a wide range of tools, technologies and programming languages. Later, I could resolve the complex data warehouse related issues of this company. In 2013, (US Employer). assigned me with a much bigger client, (End Client2), and I was posted as the Data Warehouse Analyst. With an intensive training of three months in Data Science, I built a solid foundation in the topic and also learned concepts like steering rapid model creation in Python using Pandas, Numpy, Scikit and Plotly for data visualization. I was promoted as a data scientist in 2017, and this time the client was (US End Client3). I interpreted their large data sets and developed forecasting models that could improve the grading procedure and student-faculty ratio. Later in 2017 august, considering my experience in the health care sector, I was assigned to work as a data scientist with the largest Healthcare Provider Client (End Client4). I completed the assignments and delivered well-designed solutions that provided immense business value.

Why have I selected Masters in Business Administration from University Canada West, Canada?
I completed my secondary and higher secondary examination with decent scores, yet I prefer the type of knowledge that I can apply beneficially in my life and can make structures in society. The rigorous training I received in my B.Tech program was primarily theory-oriented. However, the education I received for my Masters and the experience I had with (US Employer) is priceless and these years helped me to understand my professional strengths. I received incomparable exposure, working with several clients and complex assignments. After working as a data scientist for (End Client4) and (End Client4), I have figured out that a managerial role that is related to data analysis will be a perfect position for me. As the current business scene adds more responsibility upon the professionals, it is important to learn various strategies used by the experts of international business in managing complex projects. This contemplation had led me to decide to pursue a higher course in Business Administration. I am applying for admission in MBA from the University Canada West, intending to combine my skills as a data scientist/ analyst with a set of administration and management skills.
After thorough research on various websites and review pages on the internet, I came to know that Canada will be the best option for me. My conclusion is based upon several aspects such as quality of education, expenses, the standard of living, lifestyle of the country, and style of education. While offering me the best quality of education in the advanced pedagogical structure within an affordable range of expenses, Canada has also devised strong support facilities for international students. Considering all these factors, I selected Canada as my destination for higher studies.
After deciding about the country, the next task was to select the proper university that will offer me the most advantageous pragmatic education. I started my research through the websites of the esteemed universities listed under the Canadian university ranking. The reviews and experiences of old students about University of Canada West Vancouver were exceptional. In the website of the institution, I have read about all the details of the character of the organization and the curriculum of Masters in business administration. While the campus is a community of culturally diverse international scholars, the courses were delivered under an elite utilitarian atmosphere. I came to understand that for professionals aspire to work in higher positions of business and technological functions of institutions like me can make the maximum benefit out of this lucrative course.
The curriculum is devised to nurture the skills and knowledge necessary to operate in international socio-political scenarios comprising courses in marketing, finance, management and entrepreneurship. It also covers the legal and cultural contexts on a broad level. This program is designed to meet the growing requirements of the real industry that will help me to set up an IT consulting company in future. It is aimed to prepare students for various roles of consultancy, implementation, and leadership that are integrated with Business administration and management. A combination of the technical skills with business acumen is yet another lucrative quality of the program.
As I am applying through Non - SDS stream I have already paid the required amount of $7900 which is the first term fee along with GIC of $10,000 with CIBC bank as annual living expense. All the arrangements to fund the course are completed. I have gifted my parents an amount of approx. 111,579 CAD while I was working in United States. I have all the supporting documents to prove the claim. Apart from this I have a Fixed Deposit on my name of approx. 16821.42 CAD. The money I have gifted to my parents will be reverted back to me as a gift again from parents to take care of all my expenses including tuition fee, living expenses etc. I also own a property of worth $281366 CAD and have completed the property evaluation report by a certified government licensed evaluator followed by certified Chartered Accountant Report.
As a person who has been living in the USA for more than 10 years, the university is not demanding any other certificates to prove my English language proficiency.
Plans after course completion
I would like to return to my homeland after the completion of the course and start an IT Consulting. I hope that such an institution will be very beneficial in a country like India where the IT industry is one of the fields that is sought by the Millenials. I have been away from my family for more than a decade and I hope that after completing this course I can finally return and settle in my home country, starting my own enterprise.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello All,
I have been recently been refused my Canada Study Visa for the below reasons.Could some one take a look at my SOP and Profile and help me figure out the reason for refusal on Purpose of Visit.
The reason of your refusal is that the visa officer determined that you will not leave Canada at the end of your stay, and determined that you do not have the funds to pay for tuition fees and living expenses in Canada.

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
The reason of your refusal is that the visa officer determined that you will not leave Canada at the end of your stay, and determined that you do not have the funds to pay for tuition fees and living expenses in Canada.
Yes I see that in their generic refusal reasons. I have clearly mentioned in my SOP why I am pursuing this course,how this education will help me when I return to my home country, and my future plans after completing the course.Other than this to show ties with home country I have showed property on my name and family ties.I know Purpose of Visit is very generic reason and there could be many underlying reasons under purpose of Visit to refuse the study permit. I am trying to check what those underlying reasons could be.I have applied for GCMS notes and as you know it is time taking process - 4 to 6 weeks. So,I am trying to check if experts could figure out the reasons and suggest me if anything is missing or has to be corrected in my SOP.

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Yes I see that in their generic refusal reasons. I have clearly mentioned in my SOP why I am pursuing this course,how this education will help me when I return to my home country, and my future plans after completing the course.Other than this to show ties with home country I have showed property on my name and family ties.I know Purpose of Visit is very generic reason and there could be many underlying reasons under purpose of Visit to refuse the study permit. I am trying to check what those underlying reasons could be.I have applied for GCMS notes and as you know it is time taking process - 4 to 6 weeks. So,I am trying to check if experts could figure out the reasons and suggest me if anything is missing or has to be corrected in my SOP.
The immigration officer doesn't take unverified claims in your SOP into consideration. How is it that anything you've written in your SOP true and believable? The visa officer cannot make the assumption and believe your statements without having proof. And it is so badly written, over exaggerated and nonsensical. It reads like a script for a drama movie than a statement letter.

Bottom line is your SOP is terribly terribly written and full of absurdity.

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
The immigration officer doesn't take unverified claims in your SOP into consideration. How is it that anything you've written in your SOP true and believable? The visa officer cannot make the assumption and believe your statements without having proof. And it is so badly written, over exaggerated and nonsensical. It reads like a script for a drama movie than a statement letter.

Bottom line is your SOP is terribly terribly written and full of absurdity.
Whatever claimed in SOP all the Proofs were enclosed.There are no unverified claims. I had this SOP reviewed by some of the Immigration experts and had positive review so far.This might be the first negative review.Everybody has a different view. Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Whatever claimed in SOP all the Proofs were enclosed.There are no unverified claims. I had this SOP reviewed by some of the Immigration experts and had positive review so far.This might be the first negative review.Everybody has a different view. Thanks for the feedback.
The "immigration experts" will say anything to get you to pay them money lol.

If what you claimed that you had positive review, explain why it got rejected then? If they are so good, your application would have been accepted.

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
The "immigration experts" will say anything to get you to pay them money lol.

If what you claimed that you had positive review, explain why it got rejected then? If they are so good, your application would have been accepted.
Hello.First of all I have prepared and filed my application on my own.I know there are plenty out there to make easy money.I have had my SOP reviewed with people I personally know.

Well why my application got rejected is up to the Visa Officer.Any how I would come to know after looking at the GCMS notes.

My Question was what could you be the underlying reasons under Purpose of visit which were not stated in my SOP that has to be included or changed.I was not looking here to for someone to make fun or comment on the style of writing.What I believe based on your comments you believe that you are the only subject matter expert on Immigration above all in the world and none other exists.You have a sixth sense to predict whats going on with every visa officers mind.You are very rude.I am not looking forward for answers like these on this Immigration forum where I was helped by many people in the past and I did the same.

Reactions: ixo1516

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Hello.First of all I have prepared and filed my application on my own.I know there are plenty out there to make easy money.I have had my SOP reviewed with people I personally know.

Well why my application got rejected is up to the Visa Officer.Any how I would come to know after looking at the GCMS notes.

My Question was what could you be the underlying reasons under Purpose of visit which were not stated in my SOP that has to be included or changed.I was not looking here to for someone to make fun or comment on the style of writing.What I believe based on your comments you believe that you are the only subject matter expert on Immigration above all in the world and none other exists.You have a sixth sense to predict whats going on with every visa officers mind.You are very rude.I am not looking forward for answers like these on this Immigration forum where I was helped by many people in the past and I did the same.
Wait for gcms notes then.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe what some are trying to say is that is a bit like submitting a resume that you need to get attention on the first page given after that the reader will lose interest much the same with a SOP it does not need to appear to be the start of an autobiography. Visa officers have very little time to spend per application so need to be convinced in much same as would to get an employers interest.

Other than that often people applying from outside of their home country generally have to be more convincing they will leave and return home which given how long you have been away from your home country would always be a challenge. Other than that your 8 years of IT work and your current qualifications it could be that immigration think you are already well qualified to now all of a sudden be looking to come to Canada .

Cannot comment on the financial rejection

Just my personal view which as with any forum you can ignore but as previous post order the notes. Failing that consult a professional not a forum where everyone is an amateur

ntheegel

Aug 5, 2019
Maybe what some are trying to say is that is a bit like submitting a resume that you need to get attention on the first page given after that the reader will lose interest much the same with a SOP it does not need to appear to be the start of an autobiography. Visa officers have very little time to spend per application so need to be convinced in much same as would to get an employers interest.

Other than that often people applying from outside of their home country generally have to be more convincing they will leave and return home which given how long you have been away from your home country would always be a challenge. Other than that your 8 years of IT work and your current qualifications it could be that immigration think you are already well qualified to now all of a sudden be looking to come to Canada .

Cannot comment on the financial rejection

Just my personal view which as with any forum you can ignore but as previous post order the notes. Failing that consult a professional not a forum where everyone is an amateur
Thank You.