+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refused 66 days After BVL

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I did my BBA back in 2007.. since then I was employed at various organisations at various mid level positions in HR. Meanwhile I did various international HR certifications and one of the 3 guys in my province to pass it with distinction. However my financial aspect of studies is weak so I applied for MBA Finance at UNB. I intend to gain knowledge of data analytics and metrics from the course which is still a new concept in Pakistan. All these years I kept my savings to study abroad one day but it didn't worked out. I have finances, IELTS 7.5, solid work experience, admission at a public university, MBA course, wife and kid staying back, deposited Finances in their account too so they can sustain themselves. Then where is the problem? How come VO came with so many refusal reasons...
I ve asked my consultant to send me my SOP to get an idea what he has written in it..
Is all your work history in HR? If so going for an MBA in finance isn’t a logical progression.

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
Is all your work history in HR? If so going for an MBA in finance isn’t a logical progression.
Yes almost all experience in HR.. what course should be selected then? My Finance side is weaker and I want to move on to data analytics that's why I opted for MBA Finance.

orwell46

Apr 29, 2020
Yes almost all experience in HR.. what course should be selected then? My Finance side is weaker and I want to move on to data analytics that's why I opted for MBA Finance.
MBA degrees involve the study of several business domains in the first year like finance, marketing, operations HR with a major or specialization in any of them in the second year. Since you have worked in HR, you will be better off pursuing an MBA to understand business as a whole, instead of switching over to a completely different domain like finance. Even in practice, you are unlikely to be able to switch to a different role altogether just by completing an MBA.
Check if your degree is heavily focused on finance (which I doubt) or it offers finance as a major in the second year. If it's the latter you could argue in your SOP that you want to study an MBA to supplement your business understanding, instead of switching career tracks altogether

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
MBA degrees involve the study of several business domains in the first year like finance, marketing, operations HR with a major or specialization in any of them in the second year. Since you have worked in HR, you will be better off pursuing an MBA to understand business as a whole, instead of switching over to a completely different domain like finance. Even in practice, you are unlikely to be able to switch to a different role altogether just by completing an MBA.
Check if your degree is heavily focused on finance (which I doubt) or it offers finance as a major in the second year. If it's the latter you could argue in your SOP that you want to study an MBA to supplement your business understanding, instead of switching career tracks altogether
Hmmm thanks buddy for nice insights. Ur right

kwaame

Star Member
Jul 11, 2021
guys! read below, my GCMS NOTE. what should i do next.

Processing Priority Word Flag: N/A
I have reviewed the application.
Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.
Pa has submitted 3 separate accounts/statements listing funds in her name - however majority of deposits in account are cash or from individuals including reference to pa. Unable to determine the source of funds.
I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.
I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that: -Pa indicates she is widowed since DEC20 and has listed 1 child, however is not sufficiently established in CoR.
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Applied Aug. 02
BVL 19TH Aug
Refusal 18th October
Medical: Not done as at refusal
Working experience over 8 years (with construction companies as document controller)
GIC acct: opened after refusal (the GIC is still giving me issues, as the CIBC is claiming to not have recieved. once settled, i shall reapply with it)
School Fees: Paid in this Nov.
accommodation fee: Application fee of CAD450 paid in this Nov.

Deferred to May 2022
What do u guys say I should do next?
My humble advice is , there are very nice people in this platform who can give you very good advice , forget about so called immigration consultants , they are only money suckers . Once you pay them , they don’t take the application serious again .

Reactions: aspirant256

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
guys! read below, my GCMS NOTE. what should i do next.

Processing Priority Word Flag: N/A
I have reviewed the application.
Taking the applicant's plan of studies into account, the documentation provided in support of the applicant's financial situation does not demonstrate that funds would be sufficient or available.
Pa has submitted 3 separate accounts/statements listing funds in her name - however majority of deposits in account are cash or from individuals including reference to pa. Unable to determine the source of funds.
I am not satisfied that the proposed studies would be a reasonable expense.
I am not satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that: -Pa indicates she is widowed since DEC20 and has listed 1 child, however is not sufficiently established in CoR.
The study plan does not appear reasonable given the applicant's employment and education history. I note that:
-the client's proposed studies are not reasonable given their career path
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the applicant will adhere to the terms and conditions imposed as a temporary resident.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

Applied Aug. 02
BVL 19TH Aug
Refusal 18th October
Medical: Not done as at refusal
Working experience over 8 years (with construction companies as document controller)
GIC acct: opened after refusal (the GIC is still giving me issues, as the CIBC is claiming to not have recieved. once settled, i shall reapply with it)
School Fees: Paid in this Nov.
accommodation fee: Application fee of CAD450 paid in this Nov.

Deferred to May 2022
What do u guys say I should do next?
What is your full profile - age, program, education, current education, funds? So you don’t have your own funds and provided sources from whom - family? The VO doesn’t believe you are a genuine student.