+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refusal

sharhan

Aug 15, 2023
If you can increase the funds yourself along with paying first year tuition then go ahead. IRCC still wants to see how you will address paying $82k in education fees without support.
I got the same bullet points for my refusal. So my dad and my mom is supporting me. In case o shoe that I.have assets like houses and property's under my dads name and my mom's name and we sold a property in order to show funds will that be enough? The property was sold for 48k CAD I have about 54k CAD in the bank. Turion fee is 21k per year and my program is for about 2 years I am just transferring. Will it be enough?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got the same bullet points for my refusal. So my dad and my mom is supporting me. In case o shoe that I.have assets like houses and property's under my dads name and my mom's name and we sold a property in order to show funds will that be enough? The property was sold for 48k CAD I have about 54k CAD in the bank. Turion fee is 21k per year and my program is for about 2 years I am just transferring. Will it be enough?
Assets are not funds. So tuition is $42k plus another $20k at a minimum for living expenses. Have you paid first year tuItion? If you (not your parents) have $54k in the bank. If not your own funds then you need documentation of where the funds came from. Is it it enough - maybe as you are still short by at least $10k.

sharhan

Aug 15, 2023
Assets are not funds. So tuition is $42k plus another $20k at a minimum for living expenses. Have you paid first year tuItion? If you (not your parents) have $54k in the bank. If not your own funds then you need documentation of where the funds came from. Is it it enough - maybe as you are still short by at least $10k.
I have the selling agreement, like how much I sold it for. No I did not pay the first tuition. If I do pay because I will be going in with the Jan intake, so once I pay I should still have 54k in the bank or should I reduce the first year tuition amount and keep the balance in the bank.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have the selling agreement, like how much I sold it for. No I did not pay the first tuition. If I do pay because I will be going in with the Jan intake, so once I pay I should still have 54k in the bank or should I reduce the first year tuition amount and keep the balance in the bank.
If you have $54k in your bank account after paying tuition then it should be enough.

Reactions: sharhan

sharhan

Aug 15, 2023
If you have $54k in your bank account after paying tuition then it should be enough.
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study"

These are the bullet points I got the first is something to do with finance or my SOP. In my SOP I have clearly mentioned that I will leave to a different country. So is there an issue with my SOP as well. Just wanted to reassure before reapplying.

ElenaEagleEye

Star Member
Feb 21, 2019
"I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph R216(1)(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/
section-216.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPR, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study"

These are the bullet points I got the first is something to do with finance or my SOP. In my SOP I have clearly mentioned that I will leave to a different country. So is there an issue with my SOP as well. Just wanted to reassure before reapplying.
Different country? Where exactly?

Pacifique34

Aug 8, 2022
If you can increase the funds yourself along with paying first year tuition then go ahead. IRCC still wants to see how you will address paying $82k in education fees without support.

I need to advise me as i told u i have advanced diploma in civil engineering in the option of construction technology and have an acceptance letter of the college to study Architectural technology diploma. My refusal is about financial only . i have a diploma and i want other but the program is different this may cause this refusals. before to increase my finances and i apply to IRCC may i change my degree ? advice please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I need to advise me as i told u i have advanced diploma in civil engineering in the option of construction technology and have an acceptance letter of the college to study Architectural technology diploma. My refusal is about financial only . i have a diploma and i want other but the program is different this may cause this refusals. before to increase my finances and i apply to IRCC may i change my degree ? advice please
If your refusal is financial only and you have increased your funds then reapply. You can be refused the next time for program not advancing career or expanding education as a different officer may review your application according to the law differently.

CuriousPo

Aug 7, 2023
Lagos
Category........
STUDY
If tuition is $18k per year then that is $52k for three years. Then you add a minium of $10k per year in living expeneses. That is a minimum and no way you can live on that. So total is actually more than that - $82K+. You personally need to show more funds. You need to show that you can afford one year of tuition and living expenses without family support and even then you cannot cover the rest. Plus you have not even paid first year tuition. You can show your family funds but IRCC is not considering them given reasons for refusal. Family can stop paying at any time. There is no such thing as sponsorship. is your aunt and brother using all their savings for your education because how will they live and pay their own expenses? Future income doesn’t count.
Hi there Naturgrl,

Have a genuine ask over here. The IRCC website suggests that bank statements from a sponsor (of course accompanied with a letter) can be used as proof of funds

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3

. But how do you mean when you say: "you can show your family funds but IRCC is not considering them.......there is no such thing as a sponsor". So, a parent showing 6 months bank statements with more than enough funds to cover tuition and living for a year as necessitates would STILL be insufficient ? So basically sponsorship though mentioned, is still unacceptable ?

Or is it case specific ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi there Naturgrl,

Have a genuine ask over here. The IRCC website suggests that bank statements from a sponsor (of course accompanied with a letter) can be used as proof of funds

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/get-documents.html#doc3

. But how do you mean when you say: "you can show your family funds but IRCC is not considering them.......there is no such thing as a sponsor". So, a parent showing 6 months bank statements with more than enough funds to cover tuition and living for a year as necessitates would STILL be insufficient ? So basically sponsorship though mentioned, is still unacceptable ?

Or is it case specific ?
OP is not under 22 nor a minor. He has a diploma and 4 years experience so expected to pay his own way. Therefore IRCC doesn’t need to consider parents funds. Parents can show the funds but still may get a refusal with insufficient funds because not OP’s own funds. That is what I was referring to.

Reactions: CuriousPo

CuriousPo

Aug 7, 2023
Lagos
Category........
STUDY
OP is not under 22 nor a minor. He has a diploma and 4 years experience so expected to pay his own way. Therefore IRCC doesn’t need to consider parents funds. Parents can show the funds but still may get a refusal with insufficient funds because not OP’s own funds. That is what I was referring to.
Oh. That's interesting. So the criteria for "sponsorship funds" has an age incentive ? Over a certain age without ability to "pay own way" reduces the chances of approval. Hmm. Strange how that caveat is not mentioned. Thanks a mil for sharing this.