+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refusal

henry gabriel

Jul 9, 2018
hello.

I got my results ''refusal'' not feeling sad but looks like this is a joke.

reasons:

-history travel.
-family ties in Canada and my country of residence.
-purpose of travel.

I was clear on purpose of travel ''visit'' and do some tourism tour in toronto, looks they didn't check the itinerary and my ties cuz i have a child in my country of residence, I visited panama and Colombia so that not count as travel history ? if the letter would say that i was refused because of money I would believe it cuz i didnt show too much money..... but this ??? :p well just my luck LOL.

can reapply few days later after my refusal ? or can I appeal another check ?

this is really crazy for me, people from my country complain saying that a lot of applications are refuse in the embassy of México, México is where the applications from my country are taken. this unbelievable :D:D

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I was clear on purpose of travel ''visit'' and do some tourism tour in toronto,
Did you include a detailed day-by-day plan for your visit with expense estimates to prove:
1. You have a well-thought purpose of visit, and

2. You have the financial resources to pay for this plan??

3. Wanting to visit a friend is not seen as a compelling purpose unless an applicant can prove otherwise.

4. Maybe I'm mistaken but I think you wanted to visit for just one week. This would make the visa officer to question why you would spend significant amount of your savings on a visit of just one week.

looks they didn't check the itinerary and my ties cuz i have a child in my country of residence,
Does your child live with you? If yes, did you submit documents to prove your child is dependent on you?
Who will take care of your child when you're traveling?

I visited panama and Colombia so that not count as travel history ?
No, neither of these countries count has travel history.

IRCC would like to see travel to visa-required countries that have similar stringent entry requirements (Read: Countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc.)

if the letter would say that i was refused because of money I would believe it cuz i didnt show too much money..... but this ??? :p well just my luck LOL.
IMO, based on your posts, your financial situation in DR is not strong.

can reapply few days later after my refusal ? or can I appeal another check ?
You can reapply anytime if you're able to prove you have addressed the refusal reasons.... even tomorrow. That said, I would advise you do not reapply until your employment (and indirectly, your financial situation) improves considerably + reapply when you have stronger ties to DR.

this is really crazy for me, people from my country complain saying that a lot of applications are refuse in the embassy of México, México is where the applications from my country are taken. this unbelievable :D:D
Generally, applicants who do NOT meet the entry requirements for visa-required countries, incorrectly believe they do so. And when they are refused visas, they blame the immigration authorities of those host countries. It does not require too much effort to see which applicant is a genuine visitor with more reasons for him/her to return home than to remain in Canada

henry gabriel

Jul 9, 2018
Did you include a detailed day-by-day plan for your visit with expense estimates to prove:
1. You have a well-thought purpose of visit, and

2. You have the financial resources to pay for this plan??

3. Wanting to visit a friend is not seen as a compelling purpose unless an applicant can prove otherwise.

4. Maybe I'm mistaken but I think you wanted to visit for just one week. This would make the visa officer to question why you would spend significant amount of your savings on a visit of just one week.

Does your child live with you? If yes, did you submit documents to prove your child is dependent on you?
Who will take care of your child when you're traveling?

No, neither of these countries count has travel history.

IRCC would like to see travel to visa-required countries that have similar stringent entry requirements (Read: Countries like the US, UK, Schengen, Australia, NZ, etc.)

IMO, based on your posts, your financial situation in DR is not strong.

You can reapply anytime if you're able to prove you have addressed the refusal reasons.... even tomorrow. That said, I would advise you do not reapply until your employment (and indirectly, your financial situation) improves considerably + reapply when you have stronger ties to DR.

Generally, applicants who do NOT meet the entry requirements for visa-required countries, incorrectly believe they do so. And when they are refused visas, they blame the immigration authorities of those host countries. It does not require too much effort to see which applicant is a genuine visitor with more reasons for him/her to return home than to remain in Canada
of course i uploaded all supports documents, i have and stable job since 6 years:

my child was up to stay with his grandmother during my planned vacations, i summited documentes proving that my mother and my child depends on me, i have the financials resources for this travel and any others, i will reapply in a future not for now. you´re right we blame when i got situations like this, i will need some advises and a good definition what is strong ties.

thanks for your reply.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
of course i uploaded all supports documents, i have and stable job since 6 years:

my child was up to stay with his grandmother during my planned vacations, i summited documentes proving that my mother and my child depends on me, i have the financials resources for this travel and any others, i will reapply in a future not for now. you´re right we blame when i got situations like this, i will need some advises and a good definition what is strong ties.

thanks for your reply.
Before you reapply the next time, do post the complete list of documents you intend to submit. We will be able to advise on the gaps/how to prepare a more solid application.

As there are no interviews for Canada TRVs (for almost all applications), it's the paperwork that must 'talk' to the visa officer.

Do try to look at your application from the visa officer's point of view. Rethink. Look for the gaps in the reasoning and in the evidence. Questions that the visa officer might ask.

TRV refusals happen to even the best of applications. Don't get disheartened.

Take this as a learning experience. And, if you do, you'll be able to easily get visas for other equally tough-to-get visa countries :):)

Reactions: Naname