+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal Under SPP

Mandeep.K

Jun 28, 2012
Hello Friends,

I got Study visa refusal under SPP. Reasons mentioned are:
1. Purpose is not study
2. Course is not appropriate

Although I got offer letter from Red River College for Technology management course.Please suggest me should I reapply or appeal against visa refusal, and what are the chances of getting visa under both categories.

Thanks!

James11

Dec 11, 2011
Mandeep.K said:
Hello Friends,

I got Study visa refusal under SPP. Reasons mentioned are:
1. Purpose is not study
2. Course is not appropriate

Although I got offer letter from Red River College for Technology management course.Please suggest me should I reapply or appeal against visa refusal, and what are the chances of getting visa under both categories.

Thanks!

first reason shows that your "Statement of purpose" Letter might not show that you will leave canada after the sourse.
Second reason reveals that your past education may not be matched with TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT.

Now you have to reapply under GENERAL category.

All the best.

Mandeep.K

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks!

But I dont think there is any study mismatch as I have done MBA(HR/IT) and one of my friend with same qualification has got visa under this category to same course.

James11

Dec 11, 2011
Mandeep.K said:
Thanks!

But I dont think there is any study mismatch as I have done MBA(HR/IT) and one of my friend with same qualification has got visa under this category to same course.
Oh.
make strong SOP then.
which specifies you will leave country after the course !

world.citizen

Star Member
May 24, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2012
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
10-07-2012
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-07-2012
LANDED..........
Soon!
@OP: What's your profile like?

James11

Dec 11, 2011
I have seen people getting visa after 2 Refusals.

Concentrate on reasons of rejections. make them strong. it will work!

anki

Jan 26, 2012
dont apply again 4 this intake
i applied again bt got refusal
its gud if u try for other country

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Offcourse you helped them to deny u..
U r HR major in MBA and now applying for technology management,, r u okk??
One more thing, try to take course which is not available in india, like co op or internships...!!!

And give a good SOP>.

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandeep.K said:
Ok thanks..but how many chances are there in applying again and appealing against refusal?
50 -50 for every time u apply....
either u get or not!!!!

H

HBK

Mandeep.K said:
Thanks!

Hey buddy,
Select the course which is exactly related to your past study(MBA)
In the forum there is member whose forum id is Sandhujas (Indian) was MBA and got visa for Global business management course in humber college.

Mandeep.K

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks All!

Please understand my course is relevant to my previous studies as the syllabus of the two matches with each other. Please help me to sort out second rejection reason i.e. purpose of my visit is not to study. My whole family except me is settled in USA. I cannot make it to USA as I am above 21. So may be they have seen it and refused my Visa...I am so confused now..what to do now..

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
hey bro,

Try picking up a university degree which is at par with or current one or preferably
above ur current studies. try goin for a PhD or something .

universities have better visa success rate ,picking up a college course after an MBA
would only prove to the VO ur intentions r not studies.

If u are selecting a college again, since u already have an mba its
pretty diffult to explain why u r goin for a post grad diploma course, your only respite might
be a very strong SOP clarifying your current decision & what you plan to do after u complete ur
proposed studies.

hope that helps

Vipul.Varinder

Jun 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mandeep.K said:
Thanks All!

Please understand my course is relevant to my previous studies as the syllabus of the two matches with each other. Please help me to sort out second rejection reason i.e. purpose of my visit is not to study. My whole family except me is settled in USA. I cannot make it to USA as I am above 21. So may be they have seen it and refused my Visa...I am so confused now..what to do now..
lem me tell u, they never look for syllabus, they saw ur mba in hr,, refused.!!!! more over, try to get a management post graduate dilpoma with co ops or internships... help u to prove ur point or tyr to apply concordia uni.. they have campus in USA ,, so u can easily go there...