+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal under "Other Reasons" for May 2014 intake.

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
Hello There,
I have completed my B.COM in 2008 with 46%. From May 2008 to Dec 2013 I was working as an Accountant in my home town.
My IELTS band is 6.5 (Reading 6.5, Writing 6.5, Listing 6.5 & Speaking 5.5)
I applied for "Post graduate certificate program" and got unconditional letter from Centennail collage Toronto for May session for "Strategic Management- Accounting".
It is a 8 months program (two semester program)and I paid Ist semester Fees and also got my GIC certificate.
I applied under general category for study visa on 28th march through one of the consultancy from Bangalore but got rejected on 23rd April on the ground of "other reasons" stating : stating : Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualification, previous study, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospectus and plans.

Please help me by advising how to reapply and what are my chances of getting study visa.

Waiting for your valuable reply.
Thank you.

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
niting85 said:
Hello There,
I have completed my B.COM in 2008 with 46%. From May 2008 to Dec 2013 I was working as an Accountant in my home town.
I applied for "Post graduate certificate program" and got unconditional letter from Centennail collage Toronto for May session for "Strategic Management- Accounting".
It is a 8 months program (two semester program)and I paid Ist semester Fees and also got my GIC certificate.
I applied under general category for study visa on 28th march through one of the consultancy from Bangalore but got rejected on 23rd April on the ground of "other reasons" stating : stating : Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of your qualification, previous study, employment , level of establishment, language abilities, or your future prospectus and plans.

Please help me by advising how to reapply and what are my chances of getting study visa.

Thank you.

have u shown ur gap experience ? genuine one that could satisfy vo ? have u submitted SOP along with other documents ?

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
Yes I have submitted all my experience letter,salary slips and promotion letter. All the required documents like SOP, sponsorship AFFIDAVIT, sources of income, fees receipt.. but I have 1 year gap between my 11th and 12th class...does it matter!!!! cus I applied for graduate program..!!!

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
niting85 said:
Yes I have submitted all my experience letter,salary slips and promotion letter. All the required documents like SOP, sponsorship AFFIDAVIT, sources of income, fees receipt.. but I have 1 year gap between my 11th and 12th class...does it matter!!!! cus I applied for graduate program..!!!
have cleared about that GAP of 11th and 12th ? i think study gap in 11th and 12th might created problem but visa depends on luck !!! try under general brother next time . with strong sop under the guidance of some exp. consultant .

raj_009

Star Member
Oct 3, 2013
niting85 said:
Hello There,

Thank you.
Apply for CAIPs to get details about rejection. As far as i judge, ur undergrad grades are v low. 46% is not ideal to get admitted. It has to be atleast 55% or 60%. Secondly, i can see u have worked for 6 yrs straight. After working this much, the VO expects u to have better command over language and look for a course of higher standing like, an MBA or any university program. Goint to a college after graduating doesnt make sense to the VO. Whatever u plan, u need to convince the VO by havig a v strong SOP. Secondly ur IELTS score should b improved. Atleast each band score has to be min 6. And overall 7 would be a better score. Apply for CAIPS for the time being.

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
@ karanjassal

Bro I applied through one the well renowned consultant from Bangalore and they are ICCRC members too. But frankly speaking they know nothing...they asked me to make a draft SOP by "my own" for their expert review in Delhi and after making 3 days delay to my application they sent same "DRAFT SOP" with my application saying that it is correct.

About d GAP my so called expert consultant said there will b no sense of showing GAP...!!!

niting85

Apr 27, 2014
@ Raj

Dude If I apply for CAIP then I cant apply for VISA for next 6 months.

Secondly, for MBA or other equivalent courses one shd hv minimum 60% in graduation as it conducted by universities only and which I dont hv.. :mad: :mad:

Even if I apply for courses like MBA no University will give me offer letter(46%).So thr will b no scope of VISA.

That's why I applied for Diploma/certificate courses. which are less than MBA level but more than graduate level.

About my IELTS band I kn thy r average, but average enough to get unconditional offer letter from any community collage(& not from universities).

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Hi all Got the same problem. there is one thing that holds me back from taking Post grad in hospitality mgt as I have already masters degree in business administration from the Philippines and in the UK and not sure if that would work for my own advantage. I am not sure if taking the post grad is appropriate for me or not. It may raised a red flag on my application of taking a lower course than my 2 masters. Does anyone have the same dilemma?

shrek

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Visa Office......
Vfs hyderabad - under SPP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03- April-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Pre-medical
Interview........
NA
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
I was refused for same reason and re-applied again on 3rd April . still waiting for visa

B.tech 64% no backlogs ECE
2years experience as software programmer
Course -lambton , Mobile Application development
IELTS-6.0

first time - spp application on March -11th
Refused on 27 march for OTHER REASONS
Second time -General on 3rd April with Justification letter.

Status- still waiting

college already started , Do You Guys have Idea about my Case??? why it's been delayed

mangohorse320

May 4, 2014
Hi peter 143, You mentioned that 80% who took graduate certificate program has been denied of visa, is that post grad certificate included? thanks, do you know why the rejection is high?

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My guess is there are two main reasons:
1. People trying to apply for a level of eduvation which is LOWER than they already have
(like 1 yr cetrificate after Masters)
2. the chosen program is not in a line of previous job history or study. (like a person with bachelor degree in Chemistry, who is working in some lab is trying to enroll in PG diploma in Hospitality)

jaskaranjassal

Mar 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
05-05-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
05-05-2014
Med's Done....
12-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2014
LANDED..........
16-07-2014
Regina said:
My guess is there are two main reasons:
1. People trying to apply for a level of eduvation which is LOWER than they already have
(like 1 yr cetrificate after Masters)
2. the chosen program is not in a line of previous job history or study. (like a person with bachelor degree in Chemistry, who is working in some lab is trying to enroll in PG diploma in Hospitality)
3 I think people make lose holes while showing tie ups to their home country . Visa officer thinks he/she will not come after studying .