+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal - Specific Case

harout_der

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Hi!

This is a specific case, so please I need your precious advice and suggestions.

I had submitted my application online by myself to study in Quebec at the beginning of February 2016, but unfortunately, it has been refused.

Here is the reasons as it mentioned by visa officer:

1. You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this
decision, I considered several factors, including:
a- current employment situation
b- personal assets and financial status.

2. Other reasons
-Not satisfied that you are a bona fide student & would depart Canada at end of authorized stay.

To give you a clear picture about me,
- I am Syrian who born and lived there but later I got the Armenian passport and entered UAE since 2014
- I submitted my application as Armenian.
- Neither my family nor me has any properties in Armenia. But in Syria, we have.
- No need to explain or mention anything about Syria situation :(

My questions regarding:
1-a: if I'm going to study in Quebec for one year (the program length) then absolutely my current company won't give me one year vacation ! So, what exactly VO wants?

1-b:
- Will VO be satisfied if I show him documents of owning assets in Syria?
- My cousins (From my mother side) will finance my stay there, so if I prove that they are my relatives and from there side that they are Canadian and can cover all the costs, then VO will be satisfied?

2: This is most annoying point! How can I reach VO satisfaction?
- Should I buy two way tickets?
- writing a letter that gained certificate will qualify me for better job and sallary here in UAE or Armenia?
- a pledge letter from my relatives that they will send me back to UAE, Syria, Armenia or any place outside of Canada after completing the one year?
- A letter from my current company that they will offer me a position and visa after one year of studing in Quebec?

Please, your early reply will help me as my college accept to send acceptance letter to join in June 2016 and my CAQ validation is one year.

harout_der

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
I contact vfs office in Abu Dhabi asking their help, but surprised that they are just existing for lazy candidates who can not go through online appication.

However, I hope there is someone here can help me :)

Regards,

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
harout_der said:
I contact vfs office in Abu Dhabi asking their help, but surprised that they are just existing for lazy candidates who can not go through online appication.
They are not lazy - they are not allowed to provide this kind of support and it was unreasonable of you to expect to receive it.

The main issue with your application is that you only have temporary status in the country you are living in now so it's difficult for you to show any kind of ties to that country or demonstrate that you will return there once your studies in Canada are complete. Having your cousins sponsor your studies is not a good idea. You and your parents should be sponsoring your studies. Your relatives cannot force you to leave Canada so having them pledge to do this in a letter carries no value. However having your company say they will give you a job once you finish your studies is a good idea and should strengthen your application.

harout_der

Star Member
Apr 22, 2015
Thanks scylla for your kind reply. Neither my Canadian relatives nor me can figure out what we can do. Maybe it's better to ask a lawyer there!