+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal paragraph 179(b)

roman380

Dec 4, 2019
If you want advice, provided your full profile and list of submitted documents.

A 4 day trip from Ukraine is very suspicious, so the purpose of visit refusal reason is completely valid.

You haven't mentioned anything about your employment, so no one can comment.

You haven't mentioned your funds, so no one can comment.
Well, thanks for follow up and I decided to put just a couple of more words then.

I don't seek advice though. Years of travels having to apply for visa for each and every small trip to any decent destination made me aware of what a good application should look like.

I found it interesting that you said 4 day trip is suspicious. Original poster's 45 day trip was suspicious too. As if there is some unsuspicious duration of stay. So I would say that visiting Vancouver, BC in December is suspicious too. Who wants such weather in first place? Especially that here in Ukraine we have it pretty much similar in this time of year.

The weak part of my application was that my US friends paid for tickets and accommodation. The moment I knew it I thought "Oh God what are you doing? You would just jump into a car and go to Canada and I would need to explain why a Russian needs to travel halfway around the Earth and somebody else pays for this." Yeah my US friends prepared an event and invited me (this explains small number of days) and I put effort in mentioning all this in my visa application in quite detail. And yeah a software engineer nowadays can afford short stay in Canada paying just out of pocket for this. Do I need to mention that I attached my business registration "certified translated" and even a reference to public source with my name proving relation to this field?

Together with my travel history of last 10 years which consumed an A4 sheet of paper with a long trail of visa stickers mostly (US, EU and UK) and border check marks - never ever with any violation of term of stay or alike, with supporting documents for property and finance and alike.

I thought it would make it.

But it did not and I personally find it grossly ridiculous. I got this clear message that I am not welcome in Canada.

Of course I will not reapply because I needed it for just this one trip, which is ruined.

Last edited:

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Well, thanks for follow up and I decided to put just a couple of more words then.

I don't seek advice though. Years of travels having to apply for visa for each and every small trip to any decent destination made me aware of what a good application should look like.

I found it interesting that you said 4 day trip is suspicious. Original poster's 45 day trip was suspicious too. As if there is some unsuspicious duration of stay. So I would say that visiting Vancouver, BC in December is suspicious too. Who wants such weather in first place? Especially that here in Ukraine we have it pretty much similar in this time of year.

The weak part of my application was that my US friends paid for tickets and accommodation. The moment I knew it I thought "Oh God what are you doing? You would just jump into a car and go to Canada and I would need to explain why a Russian needs to travel halfway around the Earth and somebody else pays for this." Yeah my US friends prepared an event and invited me (this explains small number of days) and I put effort in mentioning all this in my visa application in quite detail. And yeah a software engineer nowadays can afford short stay in Canada paying just out of pocket for this. Do I need to mention that I attached my business registration "certified translated" and even a reference to public source with my name proving relation to this field?

Together with my travel history of last 10 years which consumed an A4 sheet of paper with a long trail of visa stickers mostly (US, EU and UK) and border check marks - never ever with any violation of term of stay or alike, with supporting documents for property and finance and alike.

I thought it would make it.

But it did not and I personally find it grossly ridiculous. I got this clear message that I am not welcome in Canada.

Of course I will not reapply because I needed it for just this one trip, which is ruined.
So you are a person who travels all over and was going on a ridiculously short trip across a huge distance that was paid for by someone else in another country. Yeah, can't see at all why you were refused...

Reactions: bashapopoy

roman380

Dec 4, 2019
So you are a person who travels all over and was going on a ridiculously short trip across a huge distance that was paid for by someone else in another country. Yeah, can't see at all why you were refused...
As I said I knew in advance what part was weak, and I provided documentation to compensate for it.

But same time I can see that you seem to justify the refusal decision given the situation. I have no problem with this at all, I even find it enlightening.