+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal paragraph 179(b)

Feb 27, 2019
Hello everyone.

Reasons for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

I applied for visa for me, my wife and my daughter 1year 3 months old, for 45 days. I am sole proprietor, my wife is not working. We are from Russia, if that's important.
I provide travel history, full filled passport with over 10 countries, travel every year, Asia and Europe mostly. Showed bank account with $90k usd. Provide Baby Certificate. Provide papers about sole proprietorship, as well as income history for the last year, with really good money in it. Sponsorship letter for my wife and daughter. Proof of ownership for the appartments and brand new car, back in my country of residence. Letter of invitation from a friend of mine living in BC. Booked and fully paid flight tickets both ways, from Bangkok to Vancouver, and from Vancouver to Russia. Booked and fully paid appartments at AirBNB. Travel plan with all the points. All the papers translated along with the originals. And all we got was REFUSAL.

Can anyone explaine, what else can i provide to make everyone sure that we do not want to stay in Canada by the end of the trip, as it is obvious we do like to travel all around the world???
Did they even looked at the documents???

Thanks in advance, Aleksandr.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
A 45 day visit is a very long visit for tourism purposes and demonstrates that your ties to your home country are quite weak. What evidence did you provide to show your sole proprietorship? What other evidence did you demonstrate to show ties to your home country?

It would have been ideal to ask for a 2-3 week trip.

Reactions: AleksandrChulkov
Feb 27, 2019
bellaluna, I am currently in Thailand, tourist visa. I must mention that current visa expires before my flight ticket, but soon i will make a new visa that will work.

scylla, who decide what is long and what is short? We are traveling 2\3 time a year, spending only summer time in russia. We get used to spend 1-4 months in different countries, because it's the only way you can fully understand it! It all takes time. Our plan includes vancouver, and all british columbia, including bunff and jasper, can anyone tell me how fast should i run without sleeping with baby on my back, to see all things deserved to see?
I am a sole proprietor, again, and i don't stick to one place, i love to travel and will do it anyway, but this time i think they will make me skip canada. As i wrote on top, i provide the papers that we own the appartments, and the car. I would show them my investments in hotel business, but could not fit all the staff i got in this 4mb limit for one document.
And i didnt ask them for any time, i just show them all the bookings, for flight and the appartments.

Feb 27, 2019
About sole proprietorship. I provide Certificate of Registration, translated and original. And letter from the bank, stated that i have an accounts on it. And the letter from the same bank, with incomes for the last year.

Feb 27, 2019
If you fly round the planet for one trip, doesn't this make sense that you want to spend more time there? It takes up to 4 days of travel there and back, if you fly, say, to prince george. And spend 2 weeks? Insanity. If there is no way to proof obvious, i will rather try to refund all my spendings, wich, btw, almost $5k usd up to time. And i might loose all that money just because someone decide that "short is long".

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Reasons for refusal:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Refusal reasons could be generic sometimes.

The unchecked refusal reasons were probably for:
1. Immigration status (temporary status in Thailand + more importantly, your travel history indicates you have not maintained permanent immigration status as such in any country in the last 10 years)

2. Employment (as a sole proprietor, you have not mentioned the nature of your business/company.... IRCC/the visa officer could possibly have had concerns that you might work illegally during your visit + you have not submitted evidence to prove your business is actively trading and has no business interests in Canada).

Also, if you're able to visit Canada for 45 days, it indicates you don't have strong employment ties.... or else you can work remote/online which implies you are risk for overstaying (should you decide to extend your stay)

3. A visit of 45 days also fits in for the Purpose of visit refusal reason considering you don't have friends/family in Canada

Feb 27, 2019
Bryanna, thanks for reply. Canada is stands aside with all this rules. None of the country has the same fears as it does.

1. True. Doesnt change the fact that i do not bond to any of the country i've been to, and it would be more convinient for me to settle in europe, if i wanted to.
2. Illigaly means i avoid paying taxes from the money i earn on the territory of Canada. Well, i showed all the papers, proving all my money goes directly to Russia, i can't steal any job from the residents cause i work outsource. Thinking this way all the people having some investments, illigaly earn their dividents wherever they are. Nonsense.
Second part, i do work remotely, and this do not implies the risk of overstaying in any way, must be very stupid playing games with governments.

3. As i wrote, i provide a letter of invitation from a friend of mine, who was born in Canada 71 years ago. Also i have another friend who lives in vancouver, but i didn't think i need more than one letter. And my cousin with husband and two kids are PR in Canada.

I've collected 400 different documents, translations, photocopy etc. just for apply for the visa. I spend more than a week to make it all done. I spend a hell of a bunch of money. It would be much easier to get to pentagon, than visit such pretentious country. Never faced such absurd requirements.

Anyway, thanks everyone for replies, now i'm 100 percent sure it wasnt worth a try, hope i can get some of my money back, will find better place to visit.
Take care.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you fly round the planet for one trip, doesn't this make sense that you want to spend more time there? It takes up to 4 days of travel there and back, if you fly, say, to prince george. And spend 2 weeks? Insanity. If there is no way to proof obvious, i will rather try to refund all my spendings, wich, btw, almost $5k usd up to time. And i might loose all that money just because someone decide that "short is long".
Understand that none of us work for IRCC. We are normally people like you - so no point getting mad at us - we aren't involved in the process in any way. All we are doing is trying to help (for free) by explaining how IRCC seems to work based on what we've seen on this forum and the experiences of others.

Feb 27, 2019
Never had intention to harm your feelings! :) I'm just very mad, no offence. Must say, you put all the things into the places, thanks all of you again.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Never had intention to harm your feelings! :) I'm just very mad, no offence. Must say, you put all the things into the places, thanks all of you again.
It's understandable that your upset about the decision you got. But, don't be mad at Canada and IRCC :)

IMO, you do have a good case if you rework your application. Not sure if you still want to give it another try. I would attempt another TRV.... just to get the 'Visa refused' issue off your visa application history even if you don't intend to visit Canada.... because you may have to declare it when you apply for visas to other countries.

You might also want to order GCMS notes to understand the concerns/observations made by the visa officer. Sometimes these case notes indicate more information than the refusal boxes checked in the refusal letter

Reactions: scylla
Feb 27, 2019
It will not take any affect on my visa status anyway, i do travel too much for an average person, i do not have anything that can stick me to one place, despite that fact that all the things i own, my family and my friends stands on the same place. Don't care about bad history, if i don't work for someone they will always think i want to bite a piece of Canada, hahaha ))). There is a lot of other countries i want to see, life is short :) Luckly i can afford it for now.

I know about CAIPS (GCMS), and it is useless too, because i have to wait 1 to 12 months, and none of my issues will change, as you can see.

Last edited:

Mojmoj

Sep 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

My visit visa application recently got rejected the reason below.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your purpose of visit.

Please how can I make them see reasons that I just want to visit my brother.
I recently go married hence I don’t want to leave my husband behind, in addition to this I am gainfully employed so I have a job to come back to.

Please help

roman380

Dec 4, 2019
Just registered to mention that I got a similar refusal.

Ukraine is on the line.

Full hand of paperwork - two days of life wasted for "certified translations" and a travel to give fingerprints, rich travel history, open and used once US visa, no single violation of terms, all relatives are staying in the country of residence, trip of 4 days. And 179(b) refusal.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Oh yeah and I feel like IRCC is just making fun of me because they could have concerns but not three bullets at a time. I had enough on my visa application for each and every of them, so presumed demonstration of something new for all the three - they are just roasting me.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Just registered to mention that I got a similar refusal.

Ukraine is on the line.

Full hand of paperwork - two days of life wasted for "certified translations" and a travel to give fingerprints, rich travel history, open and used once US visa, no single violation of terms, all relatives are staying in the country of residence, trip of 4 days. And 179(b) refusal.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Oh yeah and I feel like IRCC is just making fun of me because they could have concerns but not three bullets at a time. I had enough on my visa application for each and every of them, so presumed demonstration of something new for all the three - they are just roasting me.
If you want advice, provided your full profile and list of submitted documents.

A 4 day trip from Ukraine is very suspicious, so the purpose of visit refusal reason is completely valid.

You haven't mentioned anything about your employment, so no one can comment.

You haven't mentioned your funds, so no one can comment.