+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal. Need advice urgently :(

AB1991

Nov 1, 2015
Hello everyone. Hope you're doing well.

I got a visa refusal yesterday from CIC, applied online on the 18th and got my reply on the 12th so 3 weeks and a half until they replied back. This is my first attempt of applying for a study permit.

The reasons for refusal are:

- Have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue. My course is for 4 years. For this, I provided a bank statement showing monthly salary coming in. The bank statement has money equivalent to let's say 80000 CAD. I have also paid the whole tuiton fees of 1 year upfront, provided a copy of it from my student portal showing that the money has been paid to the University.

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors including: Purpose of visit and Personal assets and financial status. For this one, I am confused about the purpose of visit? Honestly, it seems like a dumb reason to include since I did provide an offer letter from the university that I have been accepted, so it made no sense to me. Personal assets and financial status part, I have provided a will that my grandfather has given me, showing that a flat would go under my name after he passes away. I have also written on my SOP that I intend to pursue higher education in Canada for their education quality in order to use it to serve my home country.

I'm becoming very confused at this stage to be honest, I have put so much effort into this application. I tried my best to include as much as possible and they come up with two reasons that do not make sense at all. Now

Anyways, what do you think I should do to demonstrate these concerns they have and fix it for the next application. I currently also hold an offer from a university in the UK. I was thinking if I could apply for two student visas simultaneously since with the online application they do not take your passport, is this possible?

Thank you for your time :)

GAULOV

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
delhi online
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2016
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-04-2016
Passport Req..
29-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2016
LANDED..........
around sep
Can you share your complete profile , year of passing and canada university details then only people will be able to suggest you.

AB1991

Nov 1, 2015
12: 65 %
Year 1 of undergraduate Studies in the UK: 55 % Computer Science
IELTS 7.5 with nothing below 7 in all bands.

Jan intake 2016 for York University also Computer Science. I included in my SOP what I have done during the gap years and also explained why I had to take these two gap years. I also included my intention of going back to my home country after completing my studies in Canada along with the relevant stuff regarding my degree.

Two gap years due to the situation in my home country not allowing me to pursue my studies.

It seems though based on these refusal reasons none of the above is a concern except for not satisfying them that I would leave the country at the end of my authorised stay.

nope

Oct 3, 2015
AB1991 said:
Hello everyone. Hope you're doing well.

I got a visa refusal yesterday from CIC, applied online on the 18th and got my reply on the 12th so 3 weeks and a half until they replied back. This is my first attempt of applying for a study permit.

The reasons for refusal are:

- Have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue. My course is for 4 years. For this, I provided a bank statement showing monthly salary coming in. The bank statement has money equivalent to let's say 80000 CAD. I have also paid the whole tuiton fees of 1 year upfront, provided a copy of it from my student portal showing that the money has been paid to the University.

- You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors including: Purpose of visit and Personal assets and financial status. For this one, I am confused about the purpose of visit? Honestly, it seems like a dumb reason to include since I did provide an offer letter from the university that I have been accepted, so it made no sense to me. Personal assets and financial status part, I have provided a will that my grandfather has given me, showing that a flat would go under my name after he passes away. I have also written on my SOP that I intend to pursue higher education in Canada for their education quality in order to use it to serve my home country.

I'm becoming very confused at this stage to be honest, I have put so much effort into this application. I tried my best to include as much as possible and they come up with two reasons that do not make sense at all. Now

Anyways, what do you think I should do to demonstrate these concerns they have and fix it for the next application. I currently also hold an offer from a university in the UK. I was thinking if I could apply for two student visas simultaneously since with the online application they do not take your passport, is this possible?

Thank you for your time :)
$80,000 CAD is nowhere near enough to pay for four years of college and living expenses. 'Money coming in' is presumably from work, which wouldn't continue when you left your home to come to Canada -- if you have another source of cash flow, such as investments, you should prove it to CIC. Most students are supported by their parents, who continue to work while they study.

Secondly, 'pursue education in Canada because of its quality to have a career at home' is not a convincing reason. The education in Canada is priced in CAD; the salary at home is priced in local currency. Usually an education at a home institution is enough to succeed -- why spend all of your savings to work locally?

saad860

Dec 6, 2015
@abby

Your IELTS is definitely not the reason for it. It seems you drop out your undergraduate studies in U.K after 1st Yr and head back home. Did you immediately return back from U.K as soon as you drop out? If you have spent time on student visa after deferring your studies, it is regard illegal. I am U.K Graduate and is aware of rules very well.

Well if visa officer see irregularities in your previous studies; unless on medical grounds, it is not consider good. Showing good finance does not satisfy visa officer your motive.

I would recommend you to order CAIPS notes to determine what might have gone wrong with your application.

Note: My advice is best in my knowledge, I am not an immigration lawyer.

Reactions: dreamy2536

AB1991

Nov 1, 2015
saad860 said:
@abby

Your IELTS is definitely not the reason for it. It seems you drop out your undergraduate studies in U.K after 1st Yr and head back home. Did you immediately return back from U.K as soon as you drop out? If you have spent time on student visa after deferring your studies, it is regard illegal. I am U.K Graduate and is aware of rules very well.

Well if visa officer see irregularities in your previous studies; unless on medical grounds, it is not consider good. Showing good finance does not satisfy visa officer your motive.

I would recommend you to order CAIPS notes to determine what might have gone wrong with your application.

Note: My advice is best in my knowledge, I am not an immigration lawyer.
I have successfully completed my first year though. And, I left the UK as soon as I got my results and decided to defer my studies. The country where I currently am from is very unstable, and the reason why I deferred my studies is because of personal family matter.

If they these irregularities was a concern to them, they would've included it as a reason why they've rejected me, but because it does not seem to be the case, they rejected me on financial ground and not satisfying them that I would return to Canada at the end of my stay.

nope said:
$80,000 CAD is nowhere near enough to pay for four years of college and living expenses. 'Money coming in' is presumably from work, which wouldn't continue when you left your home to come to Canada -- if you have another source of cash flow, such as investments, you should prove it to CIC. Most students are supported by their parents, who continue to work while they study.

Secondly, 'pursue education in Canada because of its quality to have a career at home' is not a convincing reason. The education in Canada is priced in CAD; the salary at home is priced in local currency. Usually an education at a home institution is enough to succeed -- why spend all of your savings to work locally?
I am being sponsored by my paternal uncle who has a monthly salary coming in, so the first paragraph would not apply to me I think.

As for the second paragraph, I didn't literally word it like that, but I did mention why I am transferring to Canada due to its liberal arts education, exposing myself to different kinds of courses as opposed to the UK education which is mainly focused on the degree of your choice. I also explained by acquiring a high quality education in Canada, which is unavailable in my home country, I would be able to
contribute to my country during its transitional phase.

If anyone is wondering where I am from, I'm from Libya.

I would like to thank everyone who's trying to help. :)

Reactions: dreamy2536

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The "purpose of visit" refusal reason means that CIC believes you are using the study permit as a means of attempting to come to Canada to stay long term. Since you are from an unstable country, CIC knows you probably don't want to live there and are looking for somewhere else to settle. I think you need to demonstrate stronger ties to your home country if you want any chance of being approved. It would also be preferable if you or your parents could fund your studies.

AB1991

Nov 1, 2015
scylla said:
The "purpose of visit" refusal reason means that CIC believes you are using the study permit as a means of attempting to come to Canada to stay long term. Since you are from an unstable country, CIC knows you probably don't want to live there and are looking for somewhere else to settle. I think you need to demonstrate stronger ties to your home country if you want any chance of being approved. It would also be preferable if you or your parents could fund your studies.
So in the next application, you think I should change my sponsor to my father instead of my paternal uncle? Would that not raise any questions or suspicion for the VO? What about personal assets and financial resources? I have shown a will letter from my grandfather showing that I will inherit a flat in my home country. If this is not enough, would showing my father's personal assets prove anything to them? I have also PM'd you my SOP so you can check whether I have shown any strong ties to my home country or not or if you could advise me on what to add to it please.