+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal- misrepresentation+5yrs inadmissible

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
Hi,

I applied for a Study Permit with my TOEFL score. At the time of submission, my score was valid. But when the immigration officer checked my score, it was not. ETS did not confirm my toefl score as it had expired.

I got a procedural fairness message, I sent them an honest reply. I told them that I was under the impression that my toefl score was acceptable if it was valid at the time of submission and that I did indeed take up the test. I sent them a screenshot of my toefl portal which shows the date when I had written the test. I also attached a notarized copy of my toefl score.

My application was rejected on the grounds of directly or indirectly misrepresenting/withholding material facts and I cannot enter Canada for a period of 5 years.

I did not lie about my situation and I did not misrepresent any information.

1. I wanted to know if I can appeal against this misrepresentation?
2. How badly will this affect my chances of getting a visa in countries other than Canada ?

Thanks.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
An expired toefl result is not a misrepresentation, what was the actual accusation in the fairness letter? You can get a Canadian immigration lawyer and appeal and if this is the only issue Im 99% sure it will be reversed.

Bans can negatively effect other countries visas, especially those that share data with Canada.

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
The accusation was :
16(1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, I have concerns that the TOELF results you provided in support of your application were verified and determined to be fraudulent.

ETS did not verify my score, therefore the officer assumed I was involved in fraudulent activity

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I think what he is saying is that they did verify them and they were fraudulent. I think a lawyer is the only option at this point, you could also get caips notes but there might be a limited time for appeal.

5AABI

Sep 4, 2018
Hi,

I applied for a Study Permit with my TOEFL score. At the time of submission, my score was valid. But when the immigration officer checked my score, it was not. ETS did not confirm my toefl score as it had expired.

I got a procedural fairness message, I sent them an honest reply. I told them that I was under the impression that my toefl score was acceptable if it was valid at the time of submission and that I did indeed take up the test. I sent them a screenshot of my toefl portal which shows the date when I had written the test. I also attached a notarized copy of my toefl score.

My application was rejected on the grounds of directly or indirectly misrepresenting/withholding material facts and I cannot enter Canada for a period of 5 years.

2. How badly will this affect my chances of getting a visa in countries other than Canada ?

Thanks.
Where did you applied from??

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
I think what he is saying is that they did verify them and they were fraudulent. I think a lawyer is the only option at this point, you could also get caips notes but there might be a limited time for appeal.
Thank you, I will look into it

5AABI

Sep 4, 2018
I applied from Bangalore, India. Submitted an online application.
If you have genuine documents. I think you should consult with experienced immigration lawyer. Hopefully decision will be on your side as you say that your TOEFL is expired so its not a fake document. So fraudulent documents gets out of the equation. Hope for the best!!

megh05

Sep 8, 2018
If you have genuine documents. I think you should consult with experienced immigration lawyer. Hopefully decision will be on your side as you say that your TOEFL is expired so its not a fake document. So fraudulent documents gets out of the equation. Hope for the best!!
Thanks !

Jakebabu

Aug 11, 2018
Hi,

Thanks.
Submitted my file Online under sds. I have a same situation like yours. However, My VO gave me 10 days to prove it right. I've submitted bonafide docs from the concerned edu institutes including the link of scores of IELTS exams before 30th sept, waiting for the final decision from the canadian embassy.