+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa refusal for attending conference

daudminhas

Jun 20, 2017
Hallo,

Anyone who ever applied for the conference visit. I need to know what to enter in "Purpose of visit" option in visa form, Visit or Business? On canadian immigration website it shows Business option for the conference which is confusing.

I have been rejected the visa stating purpose of visit is not clear.

In the previous application, i selected "other" for "conference visit" in purpose of visit section.

Apr 30, 2017
Hello Bryanna, we filled an application for TRV to attend a conferance in Canada but the date of the conference has been passed and the application is still in progress. I would like to know if this could negatively affect the chance of getting the TRV approved?

Reactions: preet 7

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hallo,

Anyone who ever applied for the conference visit. I need to know what to enter in "Purpose of visit" option in visa form, Visit or Business? On canadian immigration website it shows Business option for the conference which is confusing.

I have been rejected the visa stating purpose of visit is not clear.

In the previous application, i selected "other" for "conference visit" in purpose of visit section.
You must select 'Business' if you're applying to visit for a conference.

The 'Purpose of visit' refusal is not due to an incorrect selection of visit/business/other in the TRV application form.

This refusal reason means the visa officer was not convinced that you actually intend to visit for a conference.... or the documents/itinerary you submitted was not typical of a conference visitor, etc

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello Bryanna, we filled an application for TRV to attend a conferance in Canada but the date of the conference has been passed and the application is still in progress. I would like to know if this could negatively affect the chance of getting the TRV approved?
IRCC does not give decisions based on intended travel dates or events. We've seen applicants missing out on attending key events (convocations, weddings, conferences, etc) as they were granted TRVs after the scheduled events

preet 7

Jan 30, 2018
You got visa or not

AOK

Sep 7, 2019
You must select 'Business' if you're applying to visit for a conference.

The 'Purpose of visit' refusal is not due to an incorrect selection of visit/business/other in the TRV application form.

This refusal reason means the visa officer was not convinced that you actually intend to visit for a conference.... or the documents/itinerary you submitted was not typical of a conference visitor, etc
Hello,
If I will be only attending and not speaking at the conference, should I also apply for a Business visa?

STEP_HEN

Oct 14, 2019
Dear Bryan mn, please my case is that I apply for conference and I did my biometric since July and the conference is by October 29 but up till now my visa status still saying in progress, would I still get the visa even if its pass the date of conference

ibbidude1

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Your purpose is not tourism.
im going to apply for the event in toronto. on invitation it is clearly mentioned that this is one day event and 2 days will be for sight seeing so should i apply for business visa, business visit visa or simple tourist visa. thank you .