+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Refusal due to Travel History

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
hi all

i have applied visitor visa for business exhibition in vancover alongwith my wife. i have been to United Kingdom and France in 2014 and also visiting singapore (4 times), dubai (2 times), thailand, mauritius, indonasia, malaysia and my wife have traveled with me to singapore (2 times), dubai, thailand, malaysia only. I am Delhi based tour operator and doing business since 2006 major business from USA.my wife is working in Pvt ltd company and handling 500 offices in Big Mall. I have three children age 13, 8, 3 years.

please help me to that i should reapply or just leave it.

thanks
Gurnam Singh

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. How long did you want to visit?

2. What documents did you submit for your TRV application?

3. Were you and your wife refused for the same reason? BTW your wife should have applied as a tourist and not as a business visitor

Cheers

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
I have applied for 11days out of which 3 days exhibition and rest for local sightseeing.
they don't have problem with my financial status
yes both of us refused with same reason. i have got invitation in her name also as she will be helping me in exhibition as i am participating as exhibitor.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I would not put the refusal reason to only Travel History even though it may seem like it.

Out of all the countries you mentioned, only the UK and France count as *Travel History* for yourself.... because of their visa procedures. The other countries issue visas liberally/visa on arrival.

1. When is the exhibition?

2. What documents did you submit for yourself? And for your wife?

3. What ties can you show to India: Employment/business (do you work alone?) + property or land ownership + dependent family + your financial situation?

Similarly for your wife

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Is it possible they were refused as they should be applying for a business visa and not a TRV?

You are a business visitor if you plan to visit Canada temporarily to:

look for ways to grow your business,
invest or
advance your business relationships.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The TRV application form has options for Business/ Tourism/ Short-term Studies/ Returning Worker/ Super Visa/Family Visit..... basically, it covers all types of temporary visits.

The OP had included exhibition invitation letters for himself and his wife. He had correctly applied as a Business Visitor for himself.

I'm guessing that he was eligible for a TRV (considering his UK/France travel history + he intended to participate in the Vancouver exhibition which is related to his work, etc etc).

However, I think applying for his wife as his *business associate (to help out)* has resulted in both of them getting refused as they do not seem like genuine visitors (his wife is employed at a mall).

Unless the OP posts the list of documents that he submitted, this is just a guess

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
Exhibition is in Sept 22nd to 24th and i have applied visa from Sept 18th to Sep 28th. I have submitted all the documents related to me and my wife such as income tax returns for me and my wife. bank account statement for last three months of both saving and current account. fixed deposit copy. Foreign Inward Remittance slips from bank for last two years. Leave application for my wife from her company. property paper in my name, wife name and joint also. Invitation letter from Exhibition company mentioning both names. Hotel booking confirmation. I have got very good deal from the airline so I decided to take her along with me. She traveled with me to Dubai for travel exhibition last year. do you suggest me to reapply alone. I wrote to the exhibition company they are also trying.

Jasdir

Star Member
Nov 8, 2013
I have also applied for TRV on 28th of June to visit an exhibition at Toronto, but I will be traveling alone without my wife. Prior I have been to four countries US, UK, Dubai, and Thailand visiting different exhibitions at different times.

Will update you with all the information as soon as I will be getting my passport :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I have got very good deal from the airline so I decided to take her along with me.
It's not a good idea to buy flight tickets until visas are issued.

IMO, you and your wife were refused because you included your wife as a *business partner to help you at the exhibition*. This would make it seem like you are not genuine visitors.

Your wife is not a business partner, employee, consultant, or contractor working for your company. She should have applied as a tourist who was accompanying you (business visitor).

I wrote to the exhibition company they are also trying.
What is the exhibition company trying for?

You must also include these documents/evidence:
1. Business registration/licenses for operating your company + 6 months company bank statements (not 3 months) + 2 years company tax returns + evidence that it is actively trading/operating + business associations/memberships (if any) + rent agreement for your office + 2-3 months rent receipts

2. 6 months bank statement of your personal account (not 3 months) + financial investments (PPF, NSC, shares, etc) + property valuation backed with proofs of indicative market rates + latest property tax receipt + evidence that you have dependent family members (financially or well-being ie your children, maybe your parents if they live at the same address as yourself)

3. Detailed day-by-day itinerary for the exhibition and tourism with expense estimates.... and prove that you can pay for your visit + airfare + hotel + sightseeing/meals/local travel/incidentals

4. Host documents: Letter from the exhibition organizer confirming your registration + other evidence to prove your company is an exhibitor

Cheers

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
Hi Bryanna
I have given all the documents. I am thinking of reapplying the case. my wife have also attended one exhibition of travel trade with me in Dubai last year. Could you suggest me about my covering letter.

After going through the letter dated 28th July'16 in which you have refused our applications with reasons that we have not satisfied you that we would leave Canada at the end of our stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including travel history.

Our Travel History as given below:-

From To Country No of Day Stayed Name of Person Purpose of Visit Visa Granted and Entries
24th May'99 07th Jun'99 Singapore 13 days GS Holiday Three Months/Single
20th Jun'01 22nd Jun'01 Dubai 3 days GS Holdiay 30 days/ Multiple
21st May'02 United Kingdom not traveled GS Official Six Months/Multiple
22nd Sep'02 30th Sep'02 Singapore, 09 days GS/H K Honeymoon trip One Month/Multiple
30th Sep'02 02nd Oct'02 Malaysia 03 days GS/H K Honeymoon trip Three Months/Single
02nd Oct'02 04th Oct'02 Singapore 03 days GS/H K Honeymoon trip One Month/Multiple
22nd Aug'04 29th Aug'04 Mauritius 08 days GS Official Fifteen Days/ Single
05th Sep'05 15th Sep'05 Singapore 11 days GS Official/ Holiday Thirty Six Days/Multiple
20th Aug'14 24th Aug'14 Thailand 05 days GS/H K Holiday Three Months/Single
05th Nov'14 09th Nov'14 United Kingdom 05 days GS Official Six Months/Multiple
09th Nov'14 14th Nov'14 France 06 days GS Holiday Twenty Five Days/Single
03rd May'15 08th May'15 Dubai 06 days GS/H K Official/ Holiday Thirty Days/ Single
12th Jun'16 18th Jun'16 Singapore 07th days GS/H K Holiday Two Years/Multiple
18th Jun'16 19th Jun'16 Indonesia 02 days GS/H K Holiday Four days/ Single
19th Jun'16 23rd Jun'16 Singapore 05 day GS/H K Holiday Two Years/Multiple

Not only this I have traveled to all major destinations in India with groups and family several times such as Agra, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kashmir, Amritsar, Jammu, Mumbai, Pune, Kerala, Chennai, Goa, Sikkim, Darjeeling, Kolkata, Bhubhaneshwar, Puri, Varanasi, Chennai, Bangalore, Pondicherry, Shimla, Manali, Solan, Corbett, Haridwar, Rishikesh, Nainital etc.

Regarding the reason for Leaving the Canada. I wish to bring to your notice the following facts which makes it impossible for me to stay outside for long

I have three children Ages 13, 8, 3 years old all are studying in School in Delhi India where I Own my house and live along with my family including my mother who is 69 years old living with me.

I have three brothers, two of whom are settled in Delhi and one is in Singapore. Hence I have no family attachments out of India other than Singapore and more Specifically I have no family connections in CANADA so has to make me a potential immigrant to CANADA.

My wife is working with P P Build well Pvt Ltd. Since 2005 and she is on Very Responsible Position due to which she can't take leave for long and I established my business in India as Tour Operator & Travel Agent since 2006 and regularly conducting inbound tour from USA and it is not out of place to mention that I have already a group of tourist visiting India from 06th Oct'16 onward for four to six weeks for which I have to be available in India to conduct the tour.

Please Note: I had been granted United Kingdom Visa in 2002 when I was 28 years old. If i had any intention of settling outside my country I could have very much done that time when I was Very young and had no responsibility behind me.

In view of the above, I request you to reconsider my application so has to enable me to attend the exhibitions as exhibitors which is mainly for promotion of my Business activities.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

I understand what you mean. But you'll have to convince the visa officer with evidence/documents that are convincing from a visa perspective.

Your pan-India travels will not help for a Canada TRV. Your UK and France visas count as travel history.

Here are my suggestions (in addition to the ones I have posted earlier):
For yourself, include evidence of
:
1. Some recent inbound bookings + the October booking as a I-must-return-to-India-by-September 29-reason + any other bookings in the near future

2. Your company profile + website link + an explanation how this Vancouver exhibition will help your business + proofs of any other exhibitions/trade events in which your company had participated

3. Your kids and mom live at the same address as yourself (their birth certificates/your mom's passport copy) + your mom is dependent on you financially/any medical reasons (if possible)

For your wife (if she is reapplying):
She must apply as a tourist (and not to *help you* at the exhibition) i.e. no exhibition invitation letter for your wife because this will be considered as working illegally on a TRV.

1. Her employment: Employment letter + leave approval letter stating she will have her job when she returns + 6 months salary slips + 6 months bank statements (to show her salary is credited to her bank account) + 2 years ITRs

2. She must also include some I-must-return-to-India-by-September 29-reason with evidence..... for example, some project, work commitments, etc

3. She can stress that she must return by September 29 because of her children especially as the youngest one is 3 years old

Also, prepare two sets of common evidence such as provisional hotel bookings, flight bookings, joint bank accounts, joint property ownership, property valuations, etc ..... one for your application and the other for your wife's application

Cheers

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
You may want to include a Covering Letter (separate letters for yourself and your wife):

Separate sections for:
1. Previous TRV refusal + how the refusal reason has been addressed
2. Details of Applicant 1/Applicant 2 (Name, DOB, Address, Nationality, Passport Number, Employment, Title, Annual Salary)
3. My strong ties to India (Net Worth + Value of Properties + Financial Situation + Family, etc etc)
4. My previous travel history (scan the visas + entry/exit stamps + details like what you mentioned in your post)
5. My Purpose of Visit (separate Explanation XX included), My Overall Finances (liquid and locked-in), Funds available for my visit
6. Why I must return to India by XX date

All the above details must be listed point-wise so that it's easy to read

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
Thanks for the information. I have traveled as visitor in exhibition. This is going to be my first experience as exhibitor also I have got invitation letter from Vancouver exhibition company mentioning my name and my wife both. Will this help. Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I have got invitation letter from Vancouver exhibition company mentioning my name and my wife both. Will this help.
Not for your wife. This invitation letter will only work for you.

Do go through this thread again.... for the suggested evidence/documents

Guru21

Jul 29, 2016
As in my refusal application, I have mentioned my wife will help me during exhibition, if I change the statement, I think will give wrong impression. What do you think. After going through my documents they are satisfied with my financial documents. Your thoughts and is their any way I can talk to you. Thanks