+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal details please help my heartbeat is about to stop

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
does Canada and Uk share their visa refusal information? I have done a silly mistake. I got a visa refusal From uk in 2005. I dont have refusal letter so a friend of mine told me that this is for last 10 years only. you dont need to mention it in application and i didnt mention before applying. Its been 22 days I applied now i came to know that i have to mention it. i am worried about 5 years ban:( just curios if i can do anything now or if uk and Canada dont share info about visa refusal. i won Visa for uk three times after that refusal though .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

First.... don't panic :)

Canada is part of the Five Country Conference (FCC), which includes the UK, that shares immigration data.

I dont have refusal letter so a friend of mine told me that this is for last 10 years only. you dont need to mention it in application and i didnt mention before applying.
Your friend is wrong. btw there must've been a black refusal stamp in your passport along with a refusal letter for your UK refusal.

Regardless of FCC + whether or not the UKBA has shared your visa refusal details with IRCC..... you must immediately send a Case Specific Enquiry + email to the relevant visa office..... to inform IRCC that you unintentionally forgot to declare your previous UK visa refusal + you are declaring this refusal of your own accord without IRCC asking you for this information.

Not informing IRCC may result in a 5-years ban from entering Canada for misrepresentation.

You must also inform IRCC that the UKBA had issued removal orders after your student visa was cancelled + you had overstayed your last UK visit by XX days

Cheers

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
Hi. Thanx for replying. First of all i dont have any refusal stamp on my any passport. And is there any chance that they can let go my overstay story? I mean is there any chance that they never know that i over stayed

Naheulbeuck

Aug 14, 2015
Even if you were "lucky" and they don't find out this time, any future interaction with CIC will put you at risk of the ban, there is really no point in you trying to hide it, you need to correct that mistake and provide them with as much information as possible to support the fact that it was an honest mistake and not you trying to hide it from them and that you correct it on your own accord.

Good luck, it doesn't mean you won't get your visa as long as you correct it before they determine that you didn't disclose that visa refusal and overstay.

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
I dont want to hide anything but just worried as already 22 days are passed. My file is forwarded to Islamabad(Pakistan) VAC. how can i contact them and update them about visa refusal?

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
And bryanna if you can let me send you a pm or email the context I am sending to IRCC. so i dont do any mistake again. I shall be very thankful on your kind help . Please

shazy12000

Aug 26, 2016
Replied Again. Please check your inbox please. And i cant find Email id for relevant visa office. tracking says my file is in Islamabad Visa office.