+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal based on immigration status and

Parth2307

Dec 8, 2020
I got student visa refusal on 03rd December, 2020 as below,
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am on Temporary resident visa in Australia, and I applied student visa for canada from australia. I don't understand why they refused based on immigration status??
Please h

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because you have to show strong ties to your home country. You have to show how taking a Canadian program will lead to career advancement in your home country. You aren’t living there so you have no ties. Order GCMS notes for full refusal.

Reactions: Buletruck

Parth2307

Dec 8, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I applied for GCMS. But the results will take up to 30 days.. And my Semester will start in january.so I think I have to reapply with the strong ties with the home country. Or should I have to wait??

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am on Temporary resident visa in Australia, and I applied student visa for canada from australia. I don't understand why they refused based on immigration status??
Please h
As well, how long have you been temporarily residing in Australia ? The longer the time, the less ties you will have to show towards your home country and your need to return their after you finish your proposed studies in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for your reply.
Yes I applied for GCMS. But the results will take up to 30 days.. And my Semester will start in january.so I think I have to reapply with the strong ties with the home country. Or should I have to wait??
Defer, you aren’t going to get an approval by January.

Parth2307

Dec 8, 2020
As well, how long have you been temporarily residing in Australia ? The longer the time, the less ties you will have to show towards your home country and your need to return their after you finish your proposed studies in Canada.
It's been 3 years now residing in Australia..

Jag2020

Star Member
Sep 15, 2020
This immigration status applies more to Study permit ? Because we are in US for 6 yrs now whether this will affect Work permit decision making ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Please h
What is your home country?

What are your planned studies in Canada and what is the previous education you completed? Do you have work experience? If so, what field?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019

Please h
Because you won't leave Canada after your temporary stay, you were refused a study permit.

Parth2307

Dec 8, 2020
What is your home country? - India

What are your planned studies in Canada and what is the previous education you completed? - planning to do post graduation certificate course and did Masters in Australia.

Do you have work experience? Yes.If so, what field? Accounting

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
If you did a masters in Australia then taking a post grad certificate makes no sense for career progression in India.