+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISA REFUSAL AFTER VISITING CANADA TWICE

Dareidahosa

Nov 9, 2017

My application for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada was rejected. I applied for my previous Visa last year (2016) which was granted and valid till my passport expired last month. I visited Canada July 9, 2016 on B-1 Multiple Visa and returned to my country July 25th, 2017.

I applied to visit Canada with my Family in October 2016 for the Christmas holiday which they granted my wife, daughter and son 5 years multiple visa respectively. We didn't embark on the trip until September 2017. We spent 3 weeks in Canada and returned back to our country.

I applied to visit Canada next year April for 3 weeks and i was denied Visa. The reason which was ticked on the letter was (PURPOSE OF VISIT). I submitted invite letter from my friend who is a Canadian P.R. he stated that i will be visiting him and his family for 3 weeks at his home. The same friend invited us last year.

Please kindly advise because i want to reapply.

P:S I have traveled to several countries in the last 10months. Canada,USA, ITALY,DUBAI

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Were you in Canada from July 2016 to July 2017 (i.e. for a year)?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My application for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada was rejected. I applied for my previous Visa last year (2016) which was granted and valid till my passport expired last month. I visited Canada July 9, 2016 on B-1 Multiple Visa and returned to my country July 25th, 2017.

I applied to visit Canada with my Family in October 2016 for the Christmas holiday which they granted my wife, daughter and son 5 years multiple visa respectively. We didn't embark on the trip until September 2017. We spent 3 weeks in Canada and returned back to our country.

I applied to visit Canada next year April for 3 weeks and i was denied Visa. The reason which was ticked on the letter was (PURPOSE OF VISIT). I submitted invite letter from my friend who is a Canadian P.R. he stated that i will be visiting him and his family for 3 weeks at his home. The same friend invited us last year.

P:S I have traveled to several countries in the last 10months. Canada,USA, ITALY,DUBAI
If this is your travel history:
July 2017: Two weeks in Canada

September 2017: Three weeks in Canada (with your family)

April 2018: Three weeks (intended visit)

Your travel history seems untypical of a visitor because of:
1. The frequency of your visits to Canada

2. You are visiting/staying with your friend as compared to other visitors who visit family members/relatives

3. If you're employed/business, it wouldn't allow you to take time off work so often + for 2-3 weeks on each visit

Maybe the visa officer has concerns that you are not visiting for tourism purposes but for some other reason. That could explain the refusal reason for 'Purpose of visit'

Reactions: scylla

Dareidahosa

Nov 9, 2017
Were you in Canada from July 2016 to July 2017 (i.e. for a year)?
@scylla, No, I wasn’t in Canada from July 2016 to July 2017. I represented my company for an ICT Global event in Canada July 2016 hence the reason why I got a B1 visitor/Business Visa. The event was for 5days and I spent extra days on vacation.

Dareidahosa

Nov 9, 2017
If this is your travel history:
July 2017: Two weeks in Canada

September 2017: Three weeks in Canada (with your family)

April 2018: Three weeks (intended visit)

Your travel history seems untypical of a visitor because of:
1. The frequency of your visits to Canada

2. You are visiting/staying with your friend as compared to other visitors who visit family members/relatives

3. If you're employed/business, it wouldn't allow you to take time off work so often + for 2-3 weeks on each visit

Maybe the visa officer has concerns that you are not visiting for tourism purposes but for some other reason. That could explain the refusal reason for 'Purpose of visit'
@Bryanna, I applied for a Business Visa in July 2016 to represent my company for an ICT Global event which I attended. My visit to Canada was July 2016 not 2017.

Yes, I visited my close family friend in September 2017 with my family for 3 weeks. We also visited the USA during this same period.

Yes, am under paid employment which allows me 21 work days in a year for my leave which is mandatory to embark. A support letter from Head HR was attached to my recent application.

My subsequent visit to Dubai was to represent my company for a Global ICT forum.

I intend to spend my 2018 leave in Canada. We are close family friends.

Kindly advice.

Thank you.

Dareidahosa

Nov 9, 2017

My application for a temporary visa (TRV) to Canada was rejected. I applied for my previous Visa last year (2016) which was granted and valid till my passport expired last month. I visited Canada July 9, 2016 on B-1 Multiple Visa and returned to my country July 25th, 2016.