+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa refusal after After receiving AIP

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Your program seems like a college bachelor's certificate and you've already done your bachelor's here. Officer wasn't convinced that you are enhancing your skills in any way. You should atleast try for a post graduate diploma or a master's.
It’s PGDM

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Honestly, having a bachelors in dental surgery and taking a healthcare service management program makes no career sense. How will it help your career? You should have applied for Masters in Public Health/Management. Are you a licensed dentist, if so then you could be looking at a masters in dental surgery. Admissions to the program is probably a two or three year diploma.
Our profession is not just clinical but also has management prospects to widen those prospects I have taken up this besides there are many dental graduates studying this course in Canada and working there

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Iam a oral health professional and from that perspective I have applied for the PGDM course in healthcare administration and service management

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Iam a oral health professional and from that perspective I have applied for the PGDM course in healthcare administration and service management
Is there no Master's equivalent of your desired course in Canada? Having a Bachelors and working for a few years already, going for PG diploma raises eyebrow.

Order your GCMS notes, if you haven't already.

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Is there no Master's equivalent of your desired course in Canada? Having a Bachelors and working for a few years already, going for PG diploma raises eyebrow.

Order your GCMS notes, if you haven't already.
Yes it does becoz dey they think we r switching careers but I hav clearly mentioned in SOP about why I’m choosing the course and dat I will come back and all

Jermy

Star Member
Aug 25, 2020
First semester is almost done and I got refusal based on de grounds that I won’t leave be the country and my proposed studies don’t let the eligibility requirements as my previous studies
I can feel your pain my brother. Please do not be discouraged. I have gone through a similar situation. I applied for tourist visa last year and got denied. In June, i applied for study visa for September session. Its a second masters for me. I got AIP in August and in October 18th i got refusal after AIP for not declaring 2 previous USA visa refusals. Many people discourage me on this forum from reapplying immediately but i decided to try. I deferred to January and I wrote a strong SOP and also a letter of Explanation why i forgot to indicate the visa refusals and apologized and said how important my course is . I submitted my new application in November 7th for January Session and on the 9th of December i got my passport request. Exactly one month later. Please reaply. Never give up. Just improve on your SOP and LOE. Also attached your AIP to prove you received it and began studying. All the best.

Ironclad

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2020
Canada
got AIP September 10 started online classes and refusal December 10th
How is it possible that the dates are in a rhyming order, you received two correspondences on the same dates of "10th" ? Is it true that all these days you were a lurker and suddenly created your account yesterday ?

Post pictures of your AIP & the refusal letter so that we can diagnose the problem.

From a surgeon to a service worker is a great irregularity, even a toddler can spot it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pradeep Reddy

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
I can feel your pain my brother. Please do not be discouraged. I have gone through a similar situation. I applied for tourist visa last year and got denied. In June, i applied for study visa for September session. Its a second masters for me. I got AIP in August and in October 18th i got refusal after AIP for not declaring 2 previous USA visa refusals. Many people discourage me on this forum from reapplying immediately but i decided to try. I deferred to January and I wrote a strong SOP and also a letter of Explanation why i forgot to indicate the visa refusals and apologized and said how important my course is . I submitted my new application in November 7th for January Session and on the 9th of December i got my passport request. Exactly one month later. Please reaply. Never give up. Just improve on your SOP and LOE. Also attached your AIP to prove you received it and began studying. All the best.
Yes thank you:)

Reactions: Jermy

Sharuk

Nov 5, 2020
Hi.here is my timeline
I applied on April 18,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 27,2020
Medical request on October 6, 2020
Medical done on October 23, 2020

Until now No updates from them.
Is anyone with the same situation?
And what is chances of getting visa?

ShaUCan

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
Hi.here is my timeline
I applied on April 18,2020 with biometric.
AIP on September 27,2020
Medical request on October 6, 2020
Medical done on October 23, 2020

Until now No updates from them.
Is anyone with the same situation?
And what is chances of getting visa?
Very good chances so far. You have got medical request also in the mean time. Expect a positive result.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes it does becoz dey they think we r switching careers but I hav clearly mentioned in SOP about why I’m choosing the course and dat I will come back and all
Healthcare admin and service management will apply to the Canadian healthcare system and not provide much benefit to anyone returning to India. The outcome of the college degree will not really lead to career advancement if you are a dentist. Something like a masters in Health admin would be more believable but a college level health admin diploma would essentially show you how to run an office for another dentist which would be a step back in your career.

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Healthcare admin and service management will apply to the Canadian healthcare system and not provide much benefit to anyone returning to India. The outcome of the college degree will not really lead to career advancement if you are a dentist. Something like a masters in Health admin would be more believable but a college level health admin diploma would essentially show you how to run an office for another dentist which would be a step back in your career.
I’m almost done with first semester nd Ders only one subject dats pertaining to Canadian healthcare.. the other 5 subjects are useful in generally upgrading our skills to improve administration and practice management skills I hav other ppl who hav done this course already and are working I have done my complete research about it and only den applied for it

dinesh_18x

Mar 5, 2020
I’m almost done with first semester nd Ders only one subject dats pertaining to Canadian healthcare.. the other 5 subjects are useful in generally upgrading our skills to improve administration and practice management skills I hav other ppl who hav done this course already and are working I have done my complete research about it and only den applied for it
Hey, you are doing you're course in healthcare sector. But when you return to your home country, what are you're career opportunities. Like how will you be benefited with you're course after you return. That's what they look for I guess. Try and edit you're SOP stating this and check GCMS notes too. Because everyone says that they'll go back to home country but we all know what majority of people aspire and IRCC people can probably spot this intention of the applicants.

Zz@90

Dec 10, 2020
Yes completely agree with you, I did mention my future plans but I guess I’ll have to elaborate more on it like you said.. anyways thnx for ur advice and feedback:)