+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa queries

Ankit.26

Apr 5, 2012
Hi
i have got my offer letter from centennial college for september 2012 intake in pg certificate program in international business...i've got 6.5 overall in ielts.. 5.5 in writing and more than 6 in rest of the section's... i have few queries which i would like to know is that...howz reputation of the college as compared to other community colleges in toronto..i would also like to findout since my course is a certificate program it is difficult in getting education loan for this program from a centralised govt bank...pls let let me know as i will be taking loan against my property and not against an fd which banks are more likely to give us loans...next i would like to findout that i finished my graduation in 2009 with and the same year frm sept 2009 i started working till august 2011..i left my job in august 2011 and aftr that i was busy preparing for ielts and in my family business ...does this gap from aug 2011 till now will create any issue in my visa process...

adv SAURABH v

Star Member
Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
chqndigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
IELTS Request
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
helo ankit

well ur ielts is alrite not a problem
well about the centennial college reputation .. it is a well recognised college with a very good reputation nd the teachers are very supportive
well abt loan if u wnt to take loan againt property it will take time bt i think u have snough time as u r applying for september batch .. u have to get the evaluation of the property from CA ,market value .... bank mostly takes time while grating loan against the property as compared to FD,S
well i dun think so if there will b any problem because ur course is a pg certificate nd the banks are allowing loan for pg certificates ..u can approach any of the goverment banks in our city ....

best of luck buddy

tiger007

Champion Member
Ankit.26 said:
Hi
i have got my offer letter from centennial college for september 2012 intake in pg certificate program in international business...i've got 6.5 overall in ielts.. 5.5 in writing and more than 6 in rest of the section's... i have few queries which i would like to know is that...howz reputation of the college as compared to other community colleges in toronto..i would also like to findout since my course is a certificate program it is difficult in getting education loan for this program from a centralised govt bank...pls let let me know as i will be taking loan against my property and not against an fd which banks are more likely to give us loans...next i would like to findout that i finished my graduation in 2009 with and the same year frm sept 2009 i started working till august 2011..i left my job in august 2011 and aftr that i was busy preparing for ielts and in my family business ...does this gap from aug 2011 till now will create any issue in my visa process...
Hi,

1. Most colleges are more or less same. Centennial college is the oldest in Ontario, reputed. It really matters on you, your course selection, performance...and lesser on a College.

2. As far as I know/ 've read about.. Many banks shy away from giving loan to PG cert/diploma students. One of the senior member on this forum, Enfield had clearly mentioned, that UCO bank definitely provides and welcomes students opting for PG cert/diploma courses. But, all Indian students depending on only UCO bank for a loan regarding PG cert/diploma courses will be insane, and it's logical many other banks provide loans too. It really depends on your personal financial situation i.e how strong you/your parents financially are.. what kind of property and of how much valuation you are keeping on collateral or the amount of FD etc. You will have to ultimately knock on many bank doors, and negotiate the terms and requirements for securing a loan. Usually, loan against property is much more common and acceptable for granting educational loans.

3. This gap (which will be nearly 10 months, at the time of visa application, assuming you will apply by next month or so), if you can prove you were legitimately working /helping in family business...then it would be very good (in case CHC asks proof for that). Anyways, if you have a good profile... have solid proof with ITR record of previous work experience...then..you should not worry about this gap..and you can simply mention on the student questionnaire that you were preparing for IELTS, simultaneously helping in family business, and you will most probably, not be asked for any extra documents. But, it's always good to have some supporting documents...just in case..especially if you have bad/below average academic record. No one can say anything, as getting a visa depends on variety of factors.. such as overall good profile, strong financial condition and of course luck plays it's role!

*** All info provided, are to the best of my knowledge, and it's always advisable to consult other sources.

Best of Luck.

Ankit.26

Apr 5, 2012
adv SAURABH v said:
helo ankit

well ur ielts is alrite not a problem
well about the centennial college reputation .. it is a well recognised college with a very good reputation nd the teachers are very supportive
well abt loan if u wnt to take loan againt property it will take time bt i think u have snough time as u r applying for september batch .. u have to get the evaluation of the property from CA ,market value .... bank mostly takes time while grating loan against the property as compared to FD,S
well i dun think so if there will b any problem because ur course is a pg certificate nd the banks are allowing loan for pg certificates ..u can approach any of the goverment banks in our city ....

best of luck buddy

Ankit.26

Apr 5, 2012
tiger007 said:
Hi,

1. Most colleges are more or less same. Centennial college is the oldest in Ontario, reputed. It really matters on you, your course selection, performance...and lesser on a College.

2. As far as I know/ 've read about.. Many banks shy away from giving loan to PG cert/diploma students. One of the senior member on this forum, Enfield had clearly mentioned, that UCO bank definitely provides and welcomes students opting for PG cert/diploma courses. But, all Indian students depending on only UCO bank for a loan regarding PG cert/diploma courses will be insane, and it's logical many other banks provide loans too. It really depends on your personal financial situation i.e how strong you/your parents financially are.. what kind of property and of how much valuation you are keeping on collateral or the amount of FD etc. You will have to ultimately knock on many bank doors, and negotiate the terms and requirements for securing a loan. Usually, loan against property is much more common and acceptable for granting educational loans.

3. This gap (which will be nearly 10 months, at the time of visa application, assuming you will apply by next month or so), if you can prove you were legitimately working /helping in family business...then it would be very good (in case CHC asks proof for that). Anyways, if you have a good profile... have solid proof with ITR record of previous work experience...then..you should not worry about this gap..and you can simply mention on the student questionnaire that you were preparing for IELTS, simultaneously helping in family business, and you will not be asked for any extra documents. But, it's always good to have some supporting documents...just in case..especially if you have bad/below average academic record. No one can say anything, as getting a visa depends on variety of factors.. such as overall good profile, strong financial condition and of course luck plays it's role!

*** All info provided, are to the best of my knowledge, and it's always advisable to consult other sources.

Best of Luck.
Hello sir
Iwould also like to know wat r the job scenario in canada aftr i finish my course and how optimistic should i remain from pr point of view....one more thing i would like to find out frm u is that wat more steps should i require in order to get an education loan smoothly or there is a problem for student in obtaining educational loan against certificate programs....and how gud are the courses done frm these community colleges will they help us in long run....i'm enrolling for pg certificate program in international business.according to my understanding and wat ever i have foundout is that this is the most economically viable and safe way for studying in canada against enrolling in a university as cost's there are extremly high....Thanks Ankit....

SyedBukhari

Apr 5, 2012
See my profile and guide me Plz...

My profile
Metric 63% marks
Ics 60% marks
Bsc 65% marks
Msc information technology 82% marks or 3.70 CGPA out of 4.00 complete in sep 2011
and also have a strong bank statement above 25000 CAD
after 1 or 2 weeks i'll submit my case from pakistan for july intake in stouffvil college toronto for ACCA.
can any one tell me these requirements sufficient and how many chances of visa for me..

PLz reply me..thnx in advance