+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa processing timeline for temporary work permit

ramnag

Jun 12, 2012
Hi

I am an Indian national currently residing in the US on a temporary work permit. I applied for Canadian temporary work permit on May 17th at the New York consulate of Canada. On Jun 1, i was asked for additional information such as original I-94 and expired passport, which were submitted to the Consulate on Jun 4.

Though NY Canadian consulate website says minimum 30 days, I am doubtful on that timeline. Further, unexpectedly, I may likely to travel to India on a potential family emergency. I am praying that the emergency does not become a reality. Given that the consulate has the passport, it becomes challenging.

Does anyone know how long it will take to process the work permit? In case, I need the passport, if I need to travel, do they give while the application is in progress?

Thanks

buddyap

Jun 26, 2012
Hi,

did you get your temporary work permit and VISA from the NY consulate ? If you already received it, could you please let me know how many days it took for you to get the work permit and visa ?

I just submitted my application today. So wondering about the processing time.

Buleg

Mar 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
Nomination.....
30-05-2013 LOA dated 10-05-2013
AOR Received.
16-10-2013 thru email
IELTS Request
Already submitted
File Transfer...
11-09-13
Med's Request
21-11-13
Med's Done....
27-11-13 results submitted//add'l med req 01-13-2014 submitted 1-30-14
Interview........
Ecas "in process 2-18-2014"
Passport Req..
08-04-2014 (Apr. 27, '14 ecas changed to decision made)
LANDED..........
22-03-2014 entered as TFW under YNP/May,22,'14 Landed as Immigrant
ramnag said:
Hi

I am an Indian national currently residing in the US on a temporary work permit. I applied for Canadian temporary work permit on May 17th at the New York consulate of Canada. On Jun 1, i was asked for additional information such as original I-94 and expired passport, which were submitted to the Consulate on Jun 4.

Though NY Canadian consulate website says minimum 30 days, I am doubtful on that timeline. Further, unexpectedly, I may likely to travel to India on a potential family emergency. I am praying that the emergency does not become a reality. Given that the consulate has the passport, it becomes challenging.

Does anyone know how long it will take to process the work permit? In case, I need the passport, if I need to travel, do they give while the application is in progress?

Thanks
If you request your passport during the applications they will not return it not unless you send them Case Enquiry on their website and explain how urgent you need your passport. Give us an update if you receive your visa soon. Good luck