+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Processing For Lebanese Nationals

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
Oh My God...I just notice, that I have spent about 96 hours on this forum...since I first loged in.
As you said Marlena, it is becoming more like an addiction to check this forum...I wonder, if I get approved, in witch feeling I will be checking this forum, cause I entend to keep serfing it and maybe giving advice for new commers if someone need advice...
I will go now, I can't handle this loud music anymore in the internet coffee shop, hopefuly I will be checking this forum on Thursday, with a cup of coffee in the confort of my room, take care all and keep posting good news.

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
I forgot to say, that the canadian immigration minsiter( I am not sure what you call him in canada) was in Lebanon this week, and he was saying that the beirut consult has just started getting immigration application, and that they are doing progress in order to make the immigration better and faster for the lebanese...good news I guess.
Yalla , take care..

ParadiseCrystals

Feb 23, 2009
Hello Marlena, I didnt sponsor him through Damascus because it's easier for him from Africa since he lives in DRC congo...His interview was pretty fast and was barely asked questions. The lady was nice to him...this interview took place May 2008 last year in Kinshasa DRC congo.

birdwings25

Mar 1, 2009
Hi,

Sorry, for the delayed comments, but I rarely log in here, and it seems the thread became a lebanese chit chat :) My earlier comments were mostly how I personally see the processing structure. I do not have any extra info other than what's online. And someone mentioned background checks: these can take more time for middleastern males of certain age, than others. It may not sound fair, but its true.

My questions:

1) In looking at the processing times: Does the processing time clock start ticking from the date I submitted my application or from the date they 'start looking' at it (e.g., right now, April 22 + 38 days)?

2) Aside from that, a more general question. I know that canadian law allows dual intention when applying for a visa (e.g. visit now/immigrate later), but practically speaking, what are my spouse's chances if she applies for a visitor visa in Lebanon at this point? (She can always come back for an interview at the embassy if needed). Any success stories with that?

Thanks and best wishes.

Rasha

Apr 26, 2008
birdwings25 said:
Hi,

Sorry, for the delayed comments, but I rarely log in here, and it seems the thread became a lebanese chit chat :) My earlier comments were mostly how I personally see the processing structure. I do not have any extra info other than what's online. And someone mentioned background checks: these can take more time for middleastern males of certain age, than others. It may not sound fair, but its true.

My questions:

1) In looking at the processing times: Does the processing time clock start ticking from the date I submitted my application or from the date they 'start looking' at it (e.g., right now, April 22 + 38 days)?

2) Aside from that, a more general question. I know that canadian law allows dual intention when applying for a visa (e.g. visit now/immigrate later), but practically speaking, what are my spouse's chances if she applies for a visitor visa in Lebanon at this point? (She can always come back for an interview at the embassy if needed). Any success stories with that?

Thanks and best wishes.
TRV's for spouses are slim to none (and very likely will be refused...but you can try) and you can see some other threads here regarding that topic too.

MARLENA

Mar 24, 2009
The worse case if your wife apply for a visa and she is rejected it's she required for an interview she can show as a proof that she tried to visit you and if I'm not wrong there is no impact on her PR.

As for the process time. usually first step very easy and it takes about 3 weeks from the day your application received at CIC-M.

Mine was received April 1,2009 and approved April 15,2009 and received by Damascus April 29,2009. PR process time in Damascus between 3-7 months.

You can always check your wife status online.

Boncuk

Nov 15, 2008
Processing times start when the office receives your application from CPC-M.

TRV's for spouses are so rare.. I've only see a few that worked.. Rasha knows what I went through with my husband.. it's worth a shot if you have $75 to waste.. :))

Rasha i'm on gmail btw :))

rorita_76

Feb 11, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
July-3-2009
As far I know, the process time start from the date they mention on e-cas, : we have started processing your file in M-D-Y...
in my case I stoped counting...:)