+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa or sponsor

Madal

Jan 11, 2014
There is a friend of mine who has Ghanian wife. He want to sponsor her and in the mean time send her an invitation to come earlier before the sponsor. What is the complication that this may arise, or what is the best way she can come to him?
Mada

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He can send her an invitation to come visit him. She can apply for a visit visa based on that. They will have to show that they have funds for her to visit without working illegally as well as she will not overstay in Canada. There is no guarantee that her visit visa will be approved. If immigration thinks she is not just coming to visit, they can deny.

As for sponsoring her for PR, he can do that as long as he is not bankrupt and not on welfare and his PR status is in good standing and he is living in Canada. If he is a Canadian citizen, he doesn't have to be living in Canada but if he isn't, he needs to show plans to move when she gets her PR.

orawan

Mar 4, 2014
Hi

My husband :) He is a Canadian citizen but he doesn't living in Canada. He would like to sponsor me for study English course in Canada.

Please !! tell me .Can my husband sponsor me for student visa?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
orawan said:
Hi

My husband :) He is a Canadian citizen but he doesn't living in Canada. He would like to sponsor me for study English course in Canada.

Please !! tell me .Can my husband sponsor me for student visa?
You can of course apply for a student visa and your husband can write a letter supporting your application, stating the he will vouch for you, support you financially etc. etc.

If you are refused, he could sponsor you for permanent residency but then he must show plans to move to Canada when you get it.