+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa on new passport

KPR_G

Feb 29, 2016
Me and my husband are on Work Permit and my daughter was on Visitor Visa. We got her Visitor record and and it was till 7/7/2020 which was the date of her Passport Expiry.
I applied for new passport in June and i received her new passport today. So now, i will be applying for her Visitor Visa and status restoration.
i want to ask, will it be a visitor extension or new visitor visa that i should be applying for??

Reactions: juned khan

thevisawhisperer

Champion Member
Jun 10, 2020
West Coast
A visitor visa (TRV) is for permission to travel to Canada to apply to enter at a Port of Entry. It is a Travel Document.
A visitor record is a STATUS document, specifying how long the holder can stay in Canada and under what conditions. You want to apply for a visitor record.

abhi.2207

Sep 24, 2020
Can someone help here?
My mom got a new passport (because it was expiring - passport and visa stamp is still valid) before her current visitor visa stay expired in Canada.
Now we applied for extension and new passport stamp.
The application we filed online we submitted both forms.
Question is
1st: Is the this correct way of filing? (there were no options of getting visa stamped on new passport online except to ask for extension and stamp in same application)
2nd: Since it is taking longer these days for processing, its possible that her visa expires before extension comes in or visa is stamped. Can she stay in Canada till then?