+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Office requested for the processing of your application

victorgianni

Mar 26, 2010
Hi

I am temporary resident in Canada BC, and I’m applying for Permanent resident under skilled worker.
I’m filling the application and i do have an issue, i don't know what to put under Visa Office requested for the processing of your application.....
this because I’m Italian but I been living in Canada for almost 2 years.
I been looking in the list of offices, but if i search Canada come out Buffalo in the USA so i don't get it, what will be the office
if i live in Canada also the say that i can't put Sydney NS otherwise the application will be reject.

Any help?

Thanks Vittorio

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

victorgianni said:
Hi

I am temporary resident in Canada BC, and I'm applying for Permanent resident under skilled worker.
I'm filling the application and i do have an issue, i don't know what to put under Visa Office requested for the processing of your application.....
this because I'm Italian but I been living in Canada for almost 2 years.
I been looking in the list of offices, but if i search Canada come out Buffalo in the USA so i don't get it, what will be the office
if i live in Canada also the say that i can't put Sydney NS otherwise the application will be reject.

Any help?

It depends on how long you were admitted to Canada on your first entry. If you were admitted for 1 year or more (not 6 months and then extension) you can select Buffalo. If not admitted for 1 year, then you select Rome.

PMM

Thanks Vittorio

victorgianni

Mar 26, 2010
I been admitted 1st time for 1 year and 3 months, and i did renew my LMO and visa again for another 1 and 3 months.
So right now i'm okay for all 2010, i did sent my application for permanent resident but they did send me back the application because i didn't put nothing on the part that was asking about which "Visa Office requested for the processing"
Now if i undestand well i will put Buffalo since that at my first entry i been admitted for mor than one year.

Note: just one question why Buffalo in the USA instead of a town in Canada since that i live in Canada?

Thanks PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

victorgianni said:
I been admitted 1st time for 1 year and 3 months, and i did renew my LMO and visa again for another 1 and 3 months.
So right now i'm okay for all 2010, i did sent my application for permanent resident but they did send me back the application because i didn't put nothing on the part that was asking about which "Visa Office requested for the processing"
Now if i undestand well i will put Buffalo since that at my first entry i been admitted for mor than one year.

Note: just one question why Buffalo in the USA instead of a town in Canada since that i live in Canada?

Thanks PMM
Because Immigration offices in Canada only process "in-Canada" spousal, H.& C. and Refugees, Live in Caregivers. All others must apply to an office outside Canada.

PMM

langtang5

Dec 26, 2008
I wonder then what this link means which says...centralized intake at Nova Scotia....page 19....just wondering because I am set to apply in the fall this year

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

langtang5 said:
I wonder then what this link means which says...centralized intake at Nova Scotia....page 19....just wondering because I am set to apply in the fall this year

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/EG7.
1. CIO Nova Scotia doesn't issue visas all they do is check is that you qualify or not.

PMM