+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa office preferance

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
I am presently staying in USA since 2 months as a dependent (H4 visa). Iam applying for canada immigration, which will be my visa office preference, is it my home country, Buffalo.Please help.....

roopa

Aug 2, 2009
Please suggest.....Iam totally confused.....and forgot to mention , my husband is H1 and he is in USA since 2 yrs...

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
how long is your visa valid for in the US from the time you entered. If it is not a visitors visa and you are allowed to stay for one year (whether you have been there for one year or not is inconsequential), then you can apply from either the US or your country's visa office while using your US mailing address.

Some countries do not allow mailing passports internationally so you might have to go back to your country for the visa stamping if you apply from your country. If you apply from the US and you leave before you get your visa then you'd have to come back (and get a US visa to come back) for the visa stamping or interview.

If you want it fast, most people here will recommend applying through your home country. If you don't care, then Buffalo. For example, I don't need my visa for a year, so Buffalo's pace is okay for me (except the waiting to know whether i am successful is painful lol).

Good luck.