+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa office in egypt,please share info!!!

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
anyone who has had experience with Cairo visa office ,please share your information.

Thank you for input:)

nosawasfy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
me 2 i am from egypt and i need any one to help me to know the time line in the cairo visa office !

my file in process sine 5 july

what's ur time line ?

Apr 15, 2010
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2010
AOR Received.
04-06-2010
File Transfer...
01-25-2010
Med's Done....
11-29-2009
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-13-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-02-2010
LANDED..........
08-20-2010
here is my timeline
Applied for sponsorship Jan/ 10
Approved sponsorship and file transferred to Cairo for PR Jan 26/10
In Process in Cairo April 6/10
Received call for Passport req July 13 (apparently they sent letter actually June 23rd but letter was undeliverable and returned to Cairo Embassy which then they called him on mobile July 13th)
Sent passport July 14th/ delivered to Embassy July 15th
Received passport back with Visa around Aug 1 or 2
landed in Toronto, Canada Aug 20th
My husband was lucky interview waived. He does not have some special degree or work experience just customer service but I sent in so much evidence of our relationship of 1 year prior to marriage and about 250 pic's from my visit and marriage in Egypt plus sent in receipt for future trip in Feb 2010 of which my family (mom, sis, brother and my daughter all came to meet his family and we stayed 2 weeks) According to my investigations and visting forums our case is one of the quickest cases from start to finish for Cairo office. I have friends going through same process and we applied within a day of each other that still have not heard anything except that "IN process" since APril 17th. Every case is different depending on circumstances of relationship, marriage, proof and pics you send in with your application. Average your looking at 6 months from the time your application goes into "IN PROCESS" on ecase. Total time 9-12 months from initial mailing for sponsorship. make sure you pay all fee's up front to avoid delays and send so much proof to try to avoid interview. Interview can make the process longer. Pic's with each other and family members and friends, even intimate photos (kissing, hugging, etc) letter's from friends and family about your relationship. Good luck to all in the process if you have any questions please feel free to ask I did alot of researching prior to sending in my application. It took me 3 months to fully prepare our application. Take care and good luck :D

nosawasfy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank's alot for your information and good luck

my file in cairo visa office since 5 july and i am still waiting any news from the embassy, really i don't know how long i will wait more ?it's really too long !

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Thank you so much Egyptlover 2010 for sharing ur info and story,i will make sure to send a lot of pieces of evidence.
May Allah help me in rest,inshallah.

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
Dear Egypt lover,

Could you please advise, when you recieved the AOR from the visa office, can you remember the estimated time for proccessing?

Because i recieved my AOR mentioned that they will start procsessing after 24 months !!!!!!!! is that an estimated time or that's real time, please advise that's tooooo long

Appreciate your help

beely

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
i have a question ,

when the visa office sent you the AOR, did they mentioned the proccess time, and if they do, is it the same in ur real case??

Please advise because the visa office mentioned in my AOR at least 24 months in processing, which is too long

Appreciate your help

Thanks

mido_y2j

Star Member
Oct 1, 2009
i got AOR said start processing my application at June 14 2010 and since then i didnt hear anything from them they said in the AOR letter it takes from 6 to 12 months but i see so much people get done before that so we just keep waiting hope to hear from them soon .

lapula

Star Member
Apr 28, 2010
Dear Egyptlover 2010,
I have some questions about some details on application,for example:

1)application to sponsor and undertaking(i am sponsoring my husband outland)
part.C quetion 6 a says

IF U R SPONSORING A MEMBER OF THE SPOUSE ...IN CANADA CLASS ,DO NOT COMPLETE B AND C PROCEED TO 7 IMMEDIATELY ,BUT THEN PARTS B AND C ARE ASKING ABOUT WHERE THE VISA SHOULD BE ISSUED IN COUNTRY ,OF WHICH MY HUSBAND IS THE NATIONAL OR IN A COUNTRY WHERE HE IS LIVING RIGHT NOW(I CALLED TO CALL CENTRE AND AGENT SUGGESTED TO ME TO ANSWER BOTH PARTS )

WHICH MEANS I SAID AUTOMATICALLY "NO"TO A QUESTION :IF I AM SPONSORING A MEMBER OF THE SPOUSE IN CANADA CLASS....

2)SAME APPLICATION

ELIGIBILITY ASSESSMENT

QUESTION 3 ASKS

ARE U SPONSORING A MEMBER OF THE FAMILY CLASS OR A MEMBER OF THE SPOUSE IN CANADA CLASS(AGENT SAID IT IS YES FOR ME)
SO WHAT SHOULD I ANSWER

,BECAUSE 2 QUESTIONS LOOK THE SAME TO ME ....
THANK YOU
IN ADVANCE

nosawasfy

Star Member
Mar 30, 2010
Visa Office......
cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mido_y2j said:
i got AOR said start processing my application at June 14 2010 and since then i didnt hear anything from them they said in the AOR letter it takes from 6 to 12 months but i see so much people get done before that so we just keep waiting hope to hear from them soon .
me 2 i received my AOR said that my file in process since 5 july and till now no news but i have alot of friends thier file takes between 1-3 months not more so i hope we will hear somthing good soon

good luck guys