+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa office Berlin

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone knows how long it will take that my apllication is changing to in process? Mississauga sent my file on March 25 2009 to Berlin.

dulman

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
hi
mine took 2 months.i really like to know more about ur process coz my file is also in berlin.

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will keep you informed. From where are you?

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I will keep an eye on this as hopefully once NS give the go, my file will also be through Berlin

Rob51

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yesterday my status changed "in process" Berlin started this on April 23.
Mississauga approved sponsorship already March 25 2009

And now waiting............

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Hey guys,

Mine just got sent to Berlin as well. It was supposed to go to Buffalo. I wonder what happened and if there is a chance to request a file transfer as the timelines are very different.

For Berlin it recently says 7-16 months. Has anyone recently gotten approved? I would like to know more about the "real" processing times.

Thanks,
Julie

Emmy

Star Member
Jun 27, 2008
julchen_79 said:
Hey guys,

Mine just got sent to Berlin as well. It was supposed to go to Buffalo. I wonder what happened and if there is a chance to request a file transfer as the timelines are very different.

For Berlin it recently says 7-16 months. Has anyone recently gotten approved? I would like to know more about the "real" processing times.

Thanks,
Julie
Take a look at Trackitt if you haven't already (http://www.trackitt.com/). People put up their timelines there, and you can filter by the type of visa and the office that's processing the application.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Thank you Emmy.

Timelines on Trackitt look far less scary then the ones on the CIC website. They probably put some time on top there so people don't start calling them too early.

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
I recieved my letter from NS yesterday recommending for further assessment at the Berlin office. First stage successful. :)

My personal opinion is that the processing times in Germany are better than average from a European point of view.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
colsy said:
My personal opinion is that the processing times in Germany are better than average from a European point of view.
Really? How come? If you look at the CIC site and the posted timelines all other European offices are faster - minus one I believe (can't remember the name).

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
The CIC website is more or less a rough guide, and looking at it I agree that Berlin seems slower than most. However, over the last few months or so, I have been keeping an observation on timelines from various websites such as Trackitt etc and Germany seems efficient in time and also in acceptance.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Hey Colsy,

thanks for your post. You say Trackitt etc...what other websites are out there to track timelines?

colsy

Star Member
Mar 27, 2009
Trackitt is the most efficient one. There are other forums that I was using before and compiled a bit of research on timelines through networking. Put it this way I am quite relieved to be going through Berlin and not London. You mentioned 7-16 months. 7 months would be very fast indeed.

julchen_79

Star Member
Mar 4, 2008
Colsy, how come you are relieved going over Berlin? It has a far longer processing time than London. What is your timelines so far for Berlin?