+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa (maybe) approved on GCKey but VFS doesn't know

mmkm

Dec 9, 2014
Hi kind people of this forum.

I applied for a TRV for my wife (paper application to VFS). Then someone told me about GCKey and I linked the application and it showed "application has been approved" and case closed. It's been three days since this happened. I called VFS today but discovered they know nothing about GCKey (odd right) and at their end, it is still shows processing.

I am applying from India where it takes 33 days according to CIC but this happened in 21 days maybe because my wife had a good travel history in US and Canada. That matters right?

Can anyone comment on this? Has the visa been approved? If yes, how long does it take for VFS to get it? VFS office and embassy is in the same city.

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

they may not know about the GCkey because this has nothing to do with VFS, but you can track the application with the VFS tracking number they gave you, on VFS website? I believe the passport is maybe in transit between the VO and VFS, once it's at the VFS office they will update the status. I believe the transit time will be a few days, I'm not sure about India but from what I read on the forum, it's mostly 1 or 2 days..

If the CIC account says it's approved, then it's approved.

mmkm

Dec 9, 2014
Thanks for the reply. Yes VFS tracking still shows it is in process. I guess the best course of action is to just wait.

Hansi89

Star Member
Jun 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes contact them tomorrow or next monday again they should have received the passport by then. Oh i forgot! Congratulations! :)

kingwil

Jul 2, 2011
Did you received an email from CIC of account update with approval or you just log in an saw the approval /

I linked my application , i received message tuesday via email account updated but i saw nothing. This is normal it seem but not to every account, the good part is they start to look at the file. Today is Thursday but status not change.

mmkm

Dec 9, 2014
The gckey page says that case closed and application approved. So I am guessing this is different. Anyways, can't be convinced till we get the passport ... :)