+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa issues

Jazz1313

Nov 28, 2015
Heyy

I submited my gic on 23 nov 2015 bt have'nt got the gic confirmation yet. Nd last date visa application is 30 nov so should I submit my file without the confirmation letter??? Are there any chances to get the visa approved?? I have a good academic profile... Pls help

Jazz1313

Nov 28, 2015
10 th- 83%
12th - 89.2% with marks as follows
maths- 70
accountancy - 95
economics - 95
English - 95
business - 93
and ielts score - overall 7.5 bands
I have applied for business administration - accounting in Sheridan college

inder009

Star Member
Jun 9, 2014
Canada
U will get it on monday or tuesday.
They take 7 working days
U can apply online till first week of dec online
However last date of paper based application is 30 nov

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Quick. Call their customer support and enquire about the status. Scotiabank has its toll free GIC customer support.

You need your passport number and GIC account number while calling.

Good luck

Jazz1313

Nov 28, 2015
Will submitting the file without gic confirmation affect my chances of getting the visa approved?? Or can I submit the confirmation later???

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
GIC is just preferred mode of showing funds. Its not required mode of showing funds.

Even if Scotiabank sends your GIC investment directions tomorrow, you will receive it tomorrow night after 9pm due to the time difference between india and Canada.

Considering the current situation, all you can do is to show your bank statements if you still have required funds excluding the money you transfered to GIC.In addition to that mention that you have also sent money to your GIC account in Canada and waiting for investment directions.

You cant send documents to the visa office unless they asked for it.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Jazz1313 said:
Still havent got my gic confirmation...... What to do now....
Pls help ASAP
Timeline for GIC

When you apply for GIC it takes 5 working days to receive a GIC investment account number.

Once you get the GIC account number, you need to transfer minimum $10,200 to your account from YOUR bank account.

Scotiabank says it takes up to 5 working days for your funds to reach Canada and it takes maximum of 5 working days for Scotiabank to provide you with the investment directions and a welcome letter.

I transferred the money through HDFC bank and they confirmed that it will reach in 24 hours. I called Scotiabank GIC toll free number and confirmed that the money was reached after two days of transfer. They said I will get the investment directions in 2 days.

But to my surprise, I got it the very next day of my call to their customer support.

PumpkinJack

Nov 26, 2015
Jazz1313 said:
Still havent got my gic confirmation...... What to do now....
Pls help ASAP
I would suggest you to call their GIC toll free number to enquire whether they received your money and ask when you will receive your investment directions document.

Today is 2nd of December. The last date to apply for January intake is December 1st. I am afraid it may affect your application.

Jazz1313

Nov 28, 2015
I called at scotia bank and they told that my gic was refunded due to some spelling mistake in my name so I have sent it again today. Is there any chance to get the visa approved now???

Xhizor08

Oct 20, 2015
Hey jazz i was in a similar situation as i applied for my GIC late and got the confirmation on the 2nd December. I then applied through vfs on the 4th. And btw there to no deadline by which you have send the application. I talked to the vfs guys and they said you can apply even till the last week of december but they cant guarantee it will be done it time.

If you apply for GIC now, it may take another week to process and then u may have to apply close to the 15th which would be very unlikely to process in time. However, someone last year on the forum did wait for gic like you and applied on the 12th December and got his visa in 5 days. so you never know. But i recommend you apply without GIC and shows all bank statements and other financial documents and hope that it is enough.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Jazz1313 said:
I called at scotia bank and they told that my gic was refunded due to some spelling mistake in my name so I have sent it again today. Is there any chance to get the visa approved now???

File application now, and fax GIC to CHC later on (assuming you get it within 1 week). On fax, mention name, PP# and DOB.

If processing start early, then be prepared for possible refusal.