+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Issuance in wake of WHO Pandemic alert for Corona Virus.

ajangbar001

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-05-2019
Hey Guys,

So me and my wife received our PPR letter and submitted our passport for visa issuance. Our relative informed us that there is an article in Toronto Star that all visas are suspended till the 15th May 2020.

We are under the impression that we have a 30 day time period on the visa till which we have to report to Canada. Since we submitted the passports on the 12th March 2020 and hope to receive them by 20th March, we will well under the timeframe of 15th May.

What will happen in this case?

akb21

Feb 6, 2020
Toronto
Hey Guys,

So me and my wife received our PPR letter and submitted our passport for visa issuance. Our relative informed us that there is an article in Toronto Star that all visas are suspended till the 15th May 2020.

We are under the impression that we have a 30 day time period on the visa till which we have to report to Canada. Since we submitted the passports on the 12th March 2020 and hope to receive them by 20th March, we will well under the timeframe of 15th May.

What will happen in this case?

Canada has not suspended any visas, this information is not true.

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Our relative informed us that there is an article in Toronto Star that all visas are suspended till the 15th May 2020.
No such thing. Consult IRCC website, not your relative, for most up to date policies and news

We are under the impression that we have a 30 day time period on the visa till which we have to report to Canada.
Your impression is wrong. Generally the PR visa will be valid for one year from the date of your medical. Sometimes IRCC extends the validity of your medical automatically.
Wait till you receive your visa and check the expiry date

In the event you really can't travel to Canada before the expiry date, IRCC already has special policy in place
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-special-measures.html

Islander216

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2019
You have 30 days to submit your passport for the issuance of the PR visa and confirmation of permanent residence.

The time frame to land in Canada is provided by the expiration date of your COPR.