+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa is approved, received passport request letter but there was no correspondence letter/POE/LOI

ramasreepada

Sep 4, 2018
Hi all,

I applied for open work permit and I received a message in my CIC account saying "passport request letter". My account also says that my application is approved. But there was NO correspondence letter stating that "your work permit is accepted", etc.

Will the passport stamp saying "work permit" sufficient to board the flight from India? Please help.

PrateekAg

Jul 10, 2020
Hi all,

I applied for open work permit and I received a message in my CIC account saying "passport request letter". My account also says that my application is approved. But there was NO correspondence letter stating that "your work permit is accepted", etc.

Will the passport stamp saying "work permit" sufficient to board the flight from India? Please help.
Congrats ! Can you please share your timeline ?

bytenaija

Nov 11, 2019
Go
Hi all,

Go and submit your passport. You'll get your letters when your passport is returned

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Same with mine, too...i was worried but the agency told me that I will receive the ketter when the passport is already stamped and returned to me..

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Heyy, I am still waiting for my TRV. It was submitted to IRC on 10th Feb 2021 and still no request for passport submission. How much time did it take for you?

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
It just took 7 days for.me to receive my passport back from VFS..a day after i received my passport,i received an email.from IRCC...

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
It just took 7 days for.me to receive my passport back from VFS..a day after i received my passport,i received an email.from IRCC...
How much time did it took for you between submitting the TRV request and the letter to submit your passport. I am waiting since Feb 10th, 2021 for an email from them.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
Actually i was just waiting for them to re-issue a new visa since they cancelled my visa on february 2..my case was, i deferred my studies from sept 2020 to sept 2021..i decided to travel supposed to be on june 2021, but as what i have read,students are only allowed to travel a month prior the intake..so to clear the air,i contacted IRCC via webform to which they advised me not travel early and they cancelled my visa but told me i dont need to reapply for a new visa since they might issue a new one...however,my visa is to expire this july..so they told me to contact them again when the intake is near..i contacted them April 22, 2021 and on April 25,i got a message in my account for passport submission...and then may 5, i resceived a correspondence letter a day after i received my passport back...good thing the Visa officers here in Riyadh are quick to response..

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Actually i was just waiting for them to re-issue a new visa since they cancelled my visa on february 2..my case was, i deferred my studies from sept 2020 to sept 2021..i decided to travel supposed to be on june 2021, but as what i have read,students are only allowed to travel a month prior the intake..so to clear the air,i contacted IRCC via webform to which they advised me not travel early and they cancelled my visa but told me i dont need to reapply for a new visa since they might issue a new one...however,my visa is to expire this july..so they told me to contact them again when the intake is near..i contacted them April 22, 2021 and on April 25,i got a message in my account for passport submission...and then may 5, i resceived a correspondence letter a day after i received my passport back...good thing the Visa officers here in Riyadh are quick to response..
Great, glad it worked for you. Thank you for sharing your story. My case is an extension of my visa so I guess I will also reach out to them via Web Form.

chingkaykik

Star Member
Jan 26, 2020
thank you, too..that would be better...reaching out to them via the webform is the best way for us to get the right answers and to clear any confusion we have...hoping yours will be resolved the soonest..take care