+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa in the old Passport

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
Hello!i posted this in the international student section but I didn't get any response so I posted it here hoping to get a response. i am an international student who is about to finish my degree this June of 2017. As usual, we have spring break by the end of April and I want to spend my last spring break in the States. I have a multiple entry student visa for Canada and a tourist visa for the States. However, both of my visas are in my old passport. I just got a new passport few days ago. Can these visas (even though they are on my old passport) can allow me to enter to US and go back to Canada? My US visa expires in 2026 and my Canadian Student Visa and Permit both expires this August 2017. I am planing to go on a five day vacation. Thanks a lot

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CanadianBacon8 said:
Hello!i posted this in the international student section but I didn't get any response so I posted it here hoping to get a response. i am an international student who is about to finish my degree this June of 2017. As usual, we have spring break by the end of April and I want to spend my last spring break in the States. I have a multiple entry student visa for Canada and a tourist visa for the States. However, both of my visas are in my old passport. I just got a new passport few days ago. Can these visas (even though they are on my old passport) can allow me to enter to US and go back to Canada? My US visa expires in 2026 and my Canadian Student Visa and Permit both expires this August 2017. I am planing to go on a five day vacation. Thanks a lot
1. Just carry both passport and you will be fine.