+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa got rejected

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
theres one part which sounds very confusing to me. how does one convince a visa official not to reject him due to "limited employment prospects in their home country"?

secondly, since canada is trying very hard to encourage international students to study and eventually stay on to contribute to the economy, doesnt the first part sound very weird then???
A person with limited employment prospects in their home country, is more likely to overstay his their in Canada.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
you didnt answer my question...... -_-
They don't want people to overstay the visa and work illegally, if you don't have good employment prospects in your home country, you are more likely to overstay your visa and work illegally. Most illegal work is done under the table, most people working illegally don't bring their family or pay taxes. Therefore, Canada does not really benefit if you overstay your visa.

Canada encourages International students as they bring in money in the economy during their studies, and most international students do apply for PR and then settle in Canada.

The reason for rejections is that they have a huge pool of applicants, so they can reject people and still meet their goals, you go to countries where International students are rare, and you will not have much difficulty in getting a visa.

I hope this answers your question in detail, the main point is that people who don't have good employment opportunities are more likely to overstay and work illegally or apply for refugee status. Canada does not want a study permit being used as a way of entering the country, with the main purpose not being studying.

narayan55

Star Member
Aug 13, 2010
my visa has been refused for the reason-i am not satisfied that applicant is a bona fied intending student,any one please explain the reason for this and how to correct it please help

Adilbutt67

May 27, 2019
To,
Case Processing Officer,
Citizenship and Immigration of Canada
Re: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada
Dear Sir/Madam,
I, Adil Butt, the resident of ,Pakistan,
write this in regards to my application of study permit made outside of Canada.
I have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from Durham College of Applied Arts
& Technology, Oshawa, Ontario. I have been accepted into the September 2019 Session
of, “Info Systems Security- Computers & Networking” Program. I am now applying for my
study permit after receiving confirmation through Letter of Acceptance issued and have
already paid the fees to reserve my seat as required by College of CDN 8,372.38.
I wish to pursue the program of Computer & Networking Security in Canada. The length of
Program is one year, which I believe is the ideal choice for my career aspirations and
background. I have done my Graduation from University of Gujrat in Information
Technology from Pakistan with good percentage. This program will give me the
knowledge and the experience for aspiring to excel in my field and develop my career
further in Computer Networking and Security. I request you to please grant me a study
permit so that I may improve my resume and increase my employability before returning
to the tough economic situation present in my country, Pakistan.
I wrote my IELTS test on April, 27 2019 and scored overall score of 7.0 in the Academic
stream. My IELTS test results and all my educational documents have been enclosed with
the application package as per the CIC document checklist, for your kind perusal to
process my application for Study Permit.
I have enclosed the fees payment receipt paid for the program with Letter of Acceptance
from the college. I have amount equivalent to CAD 17000$ in my account in Bank Alfalah
which is sufficient amount of funds for my stay and survival in Canada. I would like to add
that two of my maternal uncles, will also be supporting me for my stay and tuition fees in
Canada, I have attached their letters of support & financial proofs for your referral as well.
Please rest assured that I am a bona fide student, I will keep myself enrolled in the DLI
and will leave Canada at the end of the completion of my studies & my authorized stay in
Canada. I hereby request you to issue me a Study Permit so that I may commence my
study in Canada. Please contact me if you have any further questions or concerns or if
you require any other documents or information for the successful processing of this
application.
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Name: Adil Butt

Please check if my SOP is okay

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Its missing a bunch of info, if you look at the paper application package you should find a number of questions they expect you to answer in the sop.

VaishOptimistic

Jun 19, 2019
To,
Case Processing Officer,
Citizenship and Immigration of Canada
Re: Application for Study Permit Made Outside of Canada
Dear Sir/Madam,
I, Adil Butt, the resident of ,Pakistan,
write this in regards to my application of study permit made outside of Canada.
I have received an unconditional letter of acceptance from Durham College of Applied Arts
& Technology, Oshawa, Ontario. I have been accepted into the September 2019 Session
of, “Info Systems Security- Computers & Networking” Program. I am now applying for my
study permit after receiving confirmation through Letter of Acceptance issued and have
already paid the fees to reserve my seat as required by College of CDN 8,372.38.
I wish to pursue the program of Computer & Networking Security in Canada. The length of
Program is one year, which I believe is the ideal choice for my career aspirations and
background. I have done my Graduation from University of Gujrat in Information
Technology from Pakistan with good percentage. This program will give me the
knowledge and the experience for aspiring to excel in my field and develop my career
further in Computer Networking and Security. I request you to please grant me a study
permit so that I may improve my resume and increase my employability before returning
to the tough economic situation present in my country, Pakistan.
I wrote my IELTS test on April, 27 2019 and scored overall score of 7.0 in the Academic
stream. My IELTS test results and all my educational documents have been enclosed with
the application package as per the CIC document checklist, for your kind perusal to
process my application for Study Permit.
I have enclosed the fees payment receipt paid for the program with Letter of Acceptance
from the college. I have amount equivalent to CAD 17000$ in my account in Bank Alfalah
which is sufficient amount of funds for my stay and survival in Canada. I would like to add
that two of my maternal uncles, will also be supporting me for my stay and tuition fees in
Canada, I have attached their letters of support & financial proofs for your referral as well.
Please rest assured that I am a bona fide student, I will keep myself enrolled in the DLI
and will leave Canada at the end of the completion of my studies & my authorized stay in
Canada. I hereby request you to issue me a Study Permit so that I may commence my
study in Canada. Please contact me if you have any further questions or concerns or if
you require any other documents or information for the successful processing of this
application.
Thanks in advance.
Sincerely,
Name: Adil Butt

Please check if my SOP is okay

When did u apply for visa and when did u got rejection

Malhar6708

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Applied online on June 10
Medical Passed on June 11-Upfront
Biometric done on June 18
Biometric Correspondence Letter on July 8
Application refused on July 10

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of
your stay based on your personnal assets and financial
status

I paid one year tuition to Concordia University in Montreal.
Used my uncle as co-sponsor for tuition and flight expenses
about 37k in account after one year tuition

I had 30k in my personal account for living expenses.
I am expat in Uganda and I am paid cash USD and local
currency to the account in Ghana. I didn't include my salary
account. I only included my savings account which is a
USD account.

I included pay slips of my bank salary and out station of
allowance I earn as an expat.

Travl history is descent, currently have B1/B2 visa
I have also being to the US on J1 visa.
Schengen Visa in 2012.

Please advise me on the forward.

Thanks mates
Sds or non sds...?

Malhar6708

Star Member
Jun 3, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
My name is Adil and I applied from Pakistan . I got admission in Durham college in PG diploma and payed the first semester fees.
My visa is rejected on following things how can I resolve these issues.

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the limited employment prospects in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Timeline plz