+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa Form

cecpet

Oct 14, 2014
Hi All,

Have some question regarding TRV and Form.

Q1: As we filled the questionnaire for TRV, it takes us to IMM5257E ? Right ? (This form is actually for person who is outside Canada).
Q2: Which Form we need to fill ? Same IMM5257E or any other. ?
Q3: If IMM5257E then there is a section saying purpose of visit to Canada. (As we are already in Canada what need to be mention here) ?

Please if any one has filled this form and got approved share your experience here. I have to filled this form today.

Thank you for your answer.

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
cecpet said:
Hi All,

Have some question regarding TRV and Form.

Q1: As we filled the questionnaire for TRV, it takes us to IMM5257E ? Right ? (This form is actually for person who is outside Canada).
Q2: Which Form we need to fill ? Same IMM5257E or any other. ?
Q3: If IMM5257E then there is a section saying purpose of visit to Canada. (As we are already in Canada what need to be mention here) ?

Please if any one has filled this form and got approved share your experience here. I have to filled this form today.

Thank you for your answer.
A1 + A2) Yes it takes you to form IMM5257E which is the correct one.
A3)

If you have doubts about some section, always read the Instructions Guide. Here you can see it for the TRV: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5256ETOC.asp

IF you see the Guide and scroll down, under Details of Visit to Canada, you see the following:

Question 1 a.From the list, indicate the purpose of your visit to Canada:
b.Provide details

Question 4
Type the following information about the person(s) or institution(s), including schools you intend to visit during your stay in Canada

For your case, I would suggest answer the following:
--------------------------------
DETAILS OF VISIT TO CANADA:
1a) Other 1b) Extending my stay as a WORKER. APR Pending.
2) Period: Today's date, until, the expiry of the WP
3) funds: $10000
4) Your Employer Details: Name. Address.
---------------------------------

Hope this helps. If you have issues or worries, just ask. :)