+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for universities for masters of engg program

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
Hi Guys,
This is Anvesh from hyderabad INDIA applied for MENG-ECE DEPT, My doubt is for each university i have applied the course duration is not completely given some of the universities are saying typical time to complete Meng course is 2 years but still we can complete in 1year..i found similar info in all university websites i have applied such as dalhousie, university of waterloo, carleton.. if in case for how many years Canadian visa office grants me visa??
any current students help me for how many years did you get visa for masters of engineering program.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
Hi Guys,
This is Anvesh from hyderabad INDIA applied for MENG-ECE DEPT, My doubt is for each university i have applied the course duration is not completely given some of the universities are saying typical time to complete Meng course is 2 years but still we can complete in 1year..i found similar info in all university websites i have applied such as dalhousie, university of waterloo, carleton.. if in case for how many years Canadian visa office grants me visa??
any current students help me for how many years did you get visa for masters of engineering program.
i have 2 and a half year or so cant remember may be 3 years...normally they issue visa depending on the duration of study mentioned on ur admission letter. mine was 2016 so they gave me visa till 2016

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
mead said:
i have 2 and a half year or so cant remember may be 3 years...normally they issue visa depending on the duration of study mentioned on ur admission letter. mine was 2016 so they gave me visa till 2016
some of the universities will not mention the dates know in that case for how many years they may give

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
some of the universities will not mention the dates know in that case for how many years they may give
universities dont give u specific dates they say by when u have to finish ur program ....so my university said i have until 2016 to complete my course .and tthat is what is mentioned on my admission letter

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
mead said:
universities dont give u specific dates they say by when u have to finish ur program ....so my university said i have until 2016 to complete my course .and tthat is what is mentioned on my admission letter
so are they not giving any Post graduate work permit

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
I have heard that canada giving visa same as US 2years for graduation and 3 years work permit total 5 years

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
I have heard that canada giving visa same as US 2years for graduation and 3 years work permit total 5 years
when u apply for post graduate work permit u can apply for ur visa extension

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
that means we have to get a job related to our course or any other
no depending on ur university and course u may be eligible for post graduate work permit which is like an open work permit. This is not like US .

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
mead said:
no depending on ur university and course u may be eligible for post graduate work permit which is like an open work permit. This is not like US .
i am new to it can you explain me in detail

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
i am new to it can you explain me in detail
check here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
mead said:
check here
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/work-postgrad.asp
thank you for the above link , in that case if you apply for PGWP how many years you may expect Workpermit...

just claryfying my doubts don't think otherwise

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Anvesh_p said:
thank you for the above link , in that case if you apply for PGWP how many years you may expect Workpermit...

just claryfying my doubts don't think otherwise
it depends on ur course duration and ur university please check the link it explains everything....

Anvesh_p

Star Member
Mar 23, 2013
mead said:
it depends on ur course duration and ur university please check the link it explains everything....
i am asking in your case sir...

ur university and your profile plzz