+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for the Spouse and minor child of an International student

sgsiri

Jul 24, 2016
sachinrace said:
Hey sgsiri ,

Glad to hear that . Which college will you be joining ? I will be joining York University .
I hate going through the consultants as they charge exorbitant fee for a work that can easily be done by ourselves .
I am still deciding to whether to go through VFS or directly with CIC .
This blog could be of some help to you .
http://abhishek-merablog.blogspot.in/2014/03/spousal-open-work-permit-sowp.html
I had used CIC services for my study permit .
The gentleman in the above blog went online through CIC but had to pay Rs 580 to VFS just for sending/receiving the passport .
VFS total processing fee is Rs 726 .
Do let me know how you proceed .
Keep in touch and all the very best .

Regards,
Sachin
Hi Sachin,

Had got really busy with visa documentation work. My spouse filed application for SOWP visa on 10th of October.
My course at George Brown College starts on Jan 9th 2017.
I never preferred consultants. I and my husband put our heads together to get all the documentation in place.
We did paper based application and received confirmation mail that our application is being processed @ Bangalore.

How is it going at your end?

Dipankar_S

Dec 27, 2016
Hi Guys. Did you get an update on the processing yet? My wife is travelling on 5th Jan and I wish to join her too. And I had applied on 24th Oct. Havent recieved a response yet. So was wondering if its normal trend at this time of the year?

gulfatyma

Dec 30, 2016
Hello, i am planning to apply as a student visa can my husband and i apply simultaneously? Or i had to apply first and then he apply on open work permit? Which one is best route?