+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visa for eye surgery

amyjack

Dec 11, 2018
Hi guys,
My father is having blurred vision and I suspect it is a cataract. I am not sure about it and hence looking for a professional opinion. I have singled out the best ophthalmologists in Toronto. But I am not sure how to handle the visa process. I want my father to undergo the diagnosis process and then after the consultation, I want him to take the necessary treatment, and follow it up with the recovery process, and this is my itinerary for him when he comes to Canada. I was hoping to bring him, in visitors visa, and then undergo the initial analysis, and after the analysis, I will have a clear picture about the actual problem that he faces and then go ahead with the appropriate visa procedures. But I was warned by my friend, that this would not be the right way to do it. But the problem is, I could not find a more suitable way to go ahead with the same. I am struggling here guys, I am losing time and as days go by, I am getting frustrated. I want to know, how long will a typical tourist visa take to process and how long will the visa last, in terms of the number of days. I need this information to book the appointment in advance, so if anybody has done this for their parents, please comment. Let me know if there is a better way to do the same, thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys,
My father is having blurred vision and I suspect it is a cataract. I am not sure about it and hence looking for a professional opinion. I have singled out the best ophthalmologists in Toronto. But I am not sure how to handle the visa process. I want my father to undergo the diagnosis process and then after the consultation, I want him to take the necessary treatment, and follow it up with the recovery process, and this is my itinerary for him when he comes to Canada. I was hoping to bring him, in visitors visa, and then undergo the initial analysis, and after the analysis, I will have a clear picture about the actual problem that he faces and then go ahead with the appropriate visa procedures. But I was warned by my friend, that this would not be the right way to do it. But the problem is, I could not find a more suitable way to go ahead with the same. I am struggling here guys, I am losing time and as days go by, I am getting frustrated. I want to know, how long will a typical tourist visa take to process and how long will the visa last, in terms of the number of days. I need this information to book the appointment in advance, so if anybody has done this for their parents, please comment. Let me know if there is a better way to do the same, thanks.
He would need to apply for a TRV - that is the right process. Approval of the TRV can take anywhere from a few days to a number of months. To be approved, your father will need to demonstrate that he has strong ties to his home country and has no plans on remaining in Canada long term. You or he would also need to show that you have the funds available to pay for his treatment since it won't be covered.

Depending on where your father is from, his ties to his home country and his travel history - it may make sense for him to obtain this treatment elsewhere (e.g. Thailand). They have excellent clinics there that are arguably even better than Canada and it may be easier for him to obtain approval to travel there.

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
Hi guys,
I can't for the life of me figure out why in blazes you want that very, very common procedure done in probably the most expensive environment you can find. Have it done in Thailand or India. They are very good and much cheaper.

Reactions: scylla

visatest

May 24, 2016
London Ontario Canada
I can't for the life of me figure out why in blazes you want that very, very common procedure done in probably the most expensive environment you can find. Have it done in Thailand or India. They are very good and much cheaper.
Here is a an office in Thailand:
https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/vision-eye-examination-surgery-center-bangkok-thailand/conditions/cataract-eye

And in India:
http://www.centreforsight.net/eye-treatment/cataract-surgery-india

Sorry, no immigration by Doctor to Canada; do come and visit sometime though. Oh, the clinics all have the same laser equipment.