+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for dependent child of student parent.

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Hello ,
I have a few questions, please help me.
I have my study permit and my husbands work permit approved already. Now we need to submit the visa application for out two and half years old daughter.

1. Should I apply for a visitor visa for more than 6 months?
  2. If so, for Purpose of Travel what should I upload?
  3. Use of Representative. Is it required?
  4. Invitation Letter. Should I write something for this?

Ahmed_Saeed

Mar 1, 2020
Before landing. My course starts in May 2020.
correct me if i am wrong, you applied separately for study permit, then you got your (study permit + visa), after that you applied to your husband an open work permit, and got approved, now you want to apply to your 2.5 year old daughter?

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
I applied for my Study visa in last December. I got approval in February. As soon as I got my visa I submitted my husbands visa application for open work permit online. Got the passport request (approval) yesterday. Now I want to apply for our daughter. I already have my study visa sticker on my PP and once we submit husband's passport he will get his visa sticker too. Once we land in Canada at the boarder I will receive my study permit as well as husband's work permit what ever they are giving at the border. Clear ?

Ahmed_Saeed

Mar 1, 2020
I applied for my Study visa in last December. I got approval in February. As soon as I got my visa I submitted my husbands visa application for open work permit online. Got the passport request (approval) yesterday. Now I want to apply for our daughter. I already have my study visa sticker on my PP and once we submit husband's passport he will get his visa sticker too. Once we land in Canada at the boarder I will receive my study permit as well as husband's work permit what ever they are giving at the border. Clear ?
it is crystal clear now, why didn't you apply for them with your application in the first place?

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
We could do it. But from the little research I did I found out that the chances are high for approval if we apply separately. At least the student first and then the dependents together. I did not want to take any risk so I though to do each one separately. If you are confident you can go all at once. I had many gaps and mine was not a very strong profile so I didn't want to take a chance.

Ahmed_Saeed

Mar 1, 2020
I'm about to apply to study permit and visit visa for my wife (she is pregnant right now and expected to deliver in May), i will go for PhD in Manitoba (September term), what do you think i should do?

Uti

Aug 9, 2019
Congrats!! In my opinion applying for a visitor visa is way too risky. Visitor visa is anyway risky and her condition makes it even worse. Again, depends on her profile and where you are applying from etc. My suggestion is you get yours approved first and then apply an open work permit and a visitor visa for your wife and new born. Don't go for visitor visa unless her profile is super strong and she has very strong ties to home country, strong travel history etc. Lodge your application as soon as possible and better if you can do it online. Because in my experience online applications get results faster. My paper application took 7 weeks, even with a valid visitor visa to Canada on my passport. Where as my husband got approval within less than 11 days, despite a previous Canada visitor visa rejection. Good luck!

Ahmed_Saeed

Mar 1, 2020
Thank you so much for your advice, really appreciate it, i wish you the best of luck
could you please share links or websites for more information about it

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello ,
I have a few questions, please help me.
I have my study permit and my husbands work permit approved already. Now we need to submit the visa application for out two and half years old daughter.

1. Should I apply for a visitor visa for more than 6 months?
  2. If so, for Purpose of Travel what should I upload?
  3. Use of Representative. Is it required?
  4. Invitation Letter. Should I write something for this?
1. TRV. When you land as for expiry date to match the expiry date of your study permit.
2. Believe there is an other option. Accompanying a parent studying if you have to write something.
3. No
4. No

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Congrats!! In my opinion applying for a visitor visa is way too risky. Visitor visa is anyway risky and her condition makes it even worse. Again, depends on her profile and where you are applying from etc. My suggestion is you get yours approved first and then apply an open work permit and a visitor visa for your wife and new born. Don't go for visitor visa unless her profile is super strong and she has very strong ties to home country, strong travel history etc. Lodge your application as soon as possible and better if you can do it online. Because in my experience online applications get results faster. My paper application took 7 weeks, even with a valid visitor visa to Canada on my passport. Where as my husband got approval within less than 11 days, despite a previous Canada visitor visa rejection. Good luck!
Hello,
Did you succeed in applying for visa for your child?
My friend has a study permit and is looking to apply for two teenage sons' study permits.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,
Did you succeed in applying for visa for your child?
My friend has a study permit and is looking to apply for two teenage sons' study permits.
It is dependent on a number of things including extra finances to support the children in Canada which is quite expensive. Who qualifies to have their family accompany them to Canada while they are students isn’t published.