+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for Dependent Child from PGWP holder

vkuma014

Dec 17, 2017
Hello,

I hold valid PGWP for three year. Now, I plan to call my child and wife in Canada.

For my wife I am applying for open work permit. Can someone please help me which kind of visa I need to apply for my child (??). He is 04 years old.

I am unable to find info on CIC website.

Thank you so much.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hello,

I hold valid PGWP for three year. Now, I plan to call my child and wife in Canada.

For my wife I am applying for open work permit. Can someone please help me which kind of visa I need to apply for my child (??). He is 04 years old.

I am unable to find info on CIC website.

Thank you so much.
1. Assuming he is not visitor visa exempt, he needs a TRV (Temporary resident visa) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp?_ga=2.5893939.1889248625.1513494191-1657484263.1513125933

Reactions: vkuma014

vkuma014

Dec 17, 2017
Thank you so much for helping me out.

He is in India so I guess not visitor visa exempt.

Moreover, could you also suggest whether to do medical tests before filling application for TRV or afterwards as its not clear on CIC website.

Thank again

Chloehuynh

Jul 24, 2018
Hi there,
I am holding a PGWP 3 years and my son got a visitor record with the same length of mind. I am working on appling for his TRV because his old visa was expired. i have a trouble about getting the right form IMM5257. I did online and the system gave me the wrong form IMM5708 which is Change the condition/ extend my stay and it is not the form that i want because he got his new visitor record with me. Is anybody here experience with the same situation as mine? please let me know how can i apply for his new TRV. Or I have to apply by mail?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Hi there,
I am holding a PGWP 3 years and my son got a visitor record with the same length of mind. I am working on appling for his TRV because his old visa was expired. i have a trouble about getting the right form IMM5257. I did online and the system gave me the wrong form IMM5708 which is Change the condition/ extend my stay and it is not the form that i want because he got his new visitor record with me. Is anybody here experience with the same situation as mine? please let me know how can i apply for his new TRV. Or I have to apply by mail?
1. As he is a visitor, he can't apply in Canada for a new TRV. He will have to apply through either New York or LA vacs. The form you want is http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa.asp