+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visa for baby

Harmansivia

Sep 10, 2017
Hi
I and my spouse got visa until 7th jan,2018
We want to take our baby who is 2.5 months old with us. If we apply for her csq now the whole process till her visa will be very long and our visa will expire till then. If we reach the embassy is it possible that they issue baby a visa considering our condition. We have waited for 4.5 years for this visa and when the baby was born we informed cic.We again intimated cic along with the correspondence when we submitted our passports for visa. What do u guys suggest??

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
It won't work. You cannot land with current COPR. You need to add new born as accompanying or non-accompanying. Submit all documents + medical of newborn. CIC will send new PPR and you need to send PP back to CIC for new visa. After you have COPR then you will apply for visa for new born.

If you decide to land with current COPR then you won't be able to sponsor your newborn's PR. It will be considered as misrepresentation.

Reactions: sunnymks

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
I would suggest contacting MIDI asap. Usually, you can get a CSQ within few weeks for newborn. In parallel, you should notify CIC about changes in your family status.

If you enter Canada without your child listed in CoPR. It will be a big problem. It will be very hard for you to sponsor and get your kid to Canada. One of my friends had a daughter just before he got his CoPR. He immediately contact CIC and got her in his COPR.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
I would suggest contacting MIDI asap. Usually, you can get a CSQ within few weeks for newborn. In parallel, you should notify CIC about changes in your family status.

If you enter Canada without your child listed in CoPR. It will be a big problem. It will be very hard for you to sponsor and get your kid to Canada. One of my friends had a daughter just before he got his CoPR. He immediately contact CIC and got her in his COPR.
It won't work. You cannot land with current COPR. You need to add new born as accompanying or non-accompanying. Submit all documents + medical of newborn. CIC will send new PPR and you need to send PP back to CIC for new visa. After you have COPR then you will apply for visa for new born.

If you decide to land with current COPR then you won't be able to sponsor your newborn's PR. It will be considered as misrepresentation.
Really Appreciable Reply

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

raman8310

Dec 13, 2012
Contact NDVO and try to explain your situation . It might help but I am not sure.Or try to apply for TRV as a last resort...

srm057

Dec 30, 2015
Montreal Quebec
Visa Office......
CIO-SYDNEY
App. Filed.......
23-02-2016
AOR Received.
04-04-2016
Med's Request
25-07-2016
Med's Done....
28-07-2016; Recvd 12-08-2016
Passport Req..
08-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2017
LANDED..........
27-06-2017
@Harmansivia I understand that these things can be really excruciating and tense.

You have 2 Options right now

1- Get your baby in your CoPR as a non-accompanying member (probably less time consuming for you)
2- Get CSQ for baby and add your baby in your CoPR as accompanying member (probably more time consuming)

With option 1 you will have to sponsor your kid later. Therefore, it will be more time consuming for your kid later on. Option 2 will be more time consuming for now but all of your family will stay together.

For both option you will have to contact CIC and MIDI(Quebec). Don't worry about your PR Visa. They can cancel it and give you a new one once you have your baby added to the file. Thay may ask why they were not informed about it earlier. You may have to give a compelling reason to satisfy them.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
@Harmansivia I understand that these things can be really excruciating and tense.

You have 2 Options right now

1- Get your baby in your CoPR as a non-accompanying member (probably less time consuming for you)
2- Get CSQ for baby and add your baby in your CoPR as accompanying member (probably more time consuming)

With option 1 you will have to sponsor your kid later. Therefore, it will be more time consuming for your kid later on. Option 2 will be more time consuming for now but all of your family will stay together.

For both option you will have to contact CIC and MIDI(Quebec). Don't worry about your PR Visa. They can cancel it and give you a new one once you have your baby added to the file. Thay may ask why they were not informed about it earlier. You may have to give a compelling reason to satisfy them.
Option 1 does not require contact with MIDI.

His situation is unique since his COPR is expiring in first week of Jan 2018. Option 2 is out of question now due to time constraints. Option 1 needs to be completed before first week of Jan 2018.

SBP8385

Star Member
Jul 11, 2017
If you applied under Quebec Skilled Worker Program then first you need to get CSQ of your child first then Federal along with New Delhi VO.
If your application is under other category. then direct you inform to new delhi VO